NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
8004 year old beer?

;)
Electronic Punk said:
Oooh, I need to see how this copes with the hotness.

OOO ERR "hotness" is that a word? :p Anyway, what's coping?

By way of a bump - I like the Folding fact for today "Folding fact #29
6000 BC Yeast was used to make beer by Sumerians and Babylonians." Anyone for one of their beers? :eek:

I am presently finding my folding app. is constantly seemingly "stuck" on the phase of "attempting to get work packet" - is there a problem with their server? The team stats are still coming up OK... is that same server? Having trouble with VPN my end so wondering if the two are connected.... any opinions from other folding folk?

OK I now have my workload and am folding again - must have been server related and must be a separate one from the results I guess...

I left 3 computers running with this on it at my old job for HardOCP i went to check it out today see if they where still going 8 months later no one has notice the lil program crunching atoms or protiens or whatever on there desktop haha

Wooo Hooo Folded!

hey guys we just made it into the top 1000! :)

Where will it end? I'm quite frankly amazed considering the size of your team.... just think what would happen if we could double the team membership.... top five hundred someday maybe? :rolleyes:

I am going to be getting a new job soon and hopefully be able to scrounge together a few bucks for a little system to get folding again... I feel real guilty not folding given that I got many people to sign up...

on a side note the new folding client will potentially allow the raw number crunching power of your high-end GFX cards (well they were highend till the new ones came out :( ) to add to your folding ability :)

great news...

and KUDOS everyone in making us top 1000 :)

Folding@Home is a distributed computing project which studies protein folding, misfolding, aggregation, and related diseases. They use novel computational methods and large scale distributed computing, to simulate timescales thousands to millions of times longer than previously achieved. This has allowed them to simulate folding for the first time, and to now direct their approach to examine folding related disease.

oh i think i get it... so its just borrowing our cpu power when we let it to speed up research?

Welcome to the Team. When someone new joins, it is their turn to buy the beer. Waiting [!]

sry xsiv... been trying to make my computer work properly after my gf nearly destroyed it :eek:

all updates completed :)

team number is the same so don't fret wrt that and the team logo has been updated to the OSNN one...

cheers all for the support and keep up the good work... congrats xsiv for 1st place :)

Anyone else want to join in? We are currently 884 out of 31749 teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back