NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
well rah rah yeah team OSNN - we made it inside the top 700..... a ways to go for top 500 (maybe I need to build that AMD 64 rig soon?)..... but just imagine if our teamsize doubled?

C'mon guys and girls don't be bashful - I have even folded a few units on a 333 MHz under Win98, they all count and believe me you do get a sense of achievement (well I do anyway).

hooray :D

if I make lots and lots of money by the end of the year when i start my new job then I will consider setting up a 2nd rig for server purposes (ie use my current setup as a server and start saving and investing in a new rig for primary gaming/misc purposes)

problem with an a64 is the over-reliance on the CnQ... I am a green tree-hugging bastid and I just cna't bring myself to run my system @ full blast :(

congrats to everyone for a fabulous job... i have been slackin I know but thanks to peeps like mainframe and xsiv for keeping things rolling and the rest of hte crew...

<insert salute smiley here>

Welcome mystery team member!

I have no idea who "y" is, but welcome to the team anyway :)

I have also been slacking and looks like someone already used the hurricaine excuse. So...

- A cat spilled a pot plant on it
- Dog ate it.

I will get rolling again tonight, I promise :p

Any cool switches I can use to get a boost?

-forceasm
Instruct the core to use SSE/3DNow assembly instructions if possible, even if it has previously made the determination that the machine may not be handling this well.
-advmethods
Request to be assigned work units from new projects, before they are broadly released to the rest of Folding@home. As among the first to try out new advanced simulations, you may wish to post any observations (positive or negative), questions, or issues at the user Forum

That's from the Folding pages for the 5.02 console version, which I guess I recommend because I like running it as a service (esp. when I have it on a couple of machines mainly used by others ;) :p )

I think if you run it with the -config flag you can also elect to accept larger work packets that may need more memory.

Apart from that only other tweaks would relate to multiple processor rigs - which I doubt is relevant (or at least not yet!)

I'm the person who keyed "y" when I should have put my ID -- but at least I got the team ID in correctly. I had to stop using the GUI version and use the console version on my work Windows 2000 machine. Since I'm not an "IT" type, I need a little help with the console version. I want to "start the console" so I can change the configuration to my own name. Windows 95 had a DOS prompt. Where do I start the console.

I've got three machines running FAH with three different operating systems. Just need a little help to get them all configured properly. Thanks in advance for your help.

tom9042 said:
Windows 95 had a DOS prompt. Where do I start the console.
I believe it's called the "command prompt" in NT/2000/XP. The easiest way may be to go " run -> cmd " .. it'll pretty much look just like the DOS prompt on a win 9x machine. :)

Thanks XIE for your help. I couldn't get it going under run, but you got me thinking and I found "Command Prompt" under Accessories. I changed my configuration and have my work machine folding at night.

Early congrats Steevo

Just wanted to congratulate Steevo on taking second place - I shall not cry foul because my primary rig took severe outage when I had PSU and heatsink issue yesterday, it was just a question of time.

I was hoping I could hold out on him until we broke the 500 barrier, but hey wtf?

What we really really need is any members with dual processors or network to join - that would start making huge difference to our rankings..... I also think EP should fold more, it's good for the profile of OSNN - shows we are caring sharing bods (C'mon EP, show us your r0x0r 0wnag3?) .... sorry that was tongue in cheek - showing my age - BUT you're always posting that you will fold and where are the work units? Surely not because you do not get to post them on dial up?! That would just be too sad - there's a flag for folding to prompt before online posting....

I still haven't added our other store. I will be building the server (3.4 Socket T) 2Gb DDR2 in the next couple of weeks as well as the last two computers. While I am at the other store I will add all the machines up there. That and a AMD K6-2 550 powerhouse. :D

Congrats again Steevo - you just overtook me, how long until you tackle Xsiv? :p :)

Electronic Punk said:
I have also been slacking...

but - finally - Ep posts another WU!

Must be his cooling! :p neway - as I promise in IRC - reps to you - the rep millionaire! :)

Another one will be finished soon.
Been testing watercooling so might do it for a while yet.

and we just moved inside the top 600... :)

Thought I would let people know, others may always want to join (and if we are ever going to make it onto the leaderboard for the top 100 we will need them too, since our score is in the 100's of thousands and the top 100 scores in millions!).

My Linux server still keeps folding. I'm thinking of starting up on my main rig too, but I'm a litte unsure about it handling the heat, maybe it's less of a problem after the summer. :)

heheh

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 138
I am in a real p*****d off state about my main folding rig - typing with RF k/b in notebook as replacement etc which is a constant reminder of my state of system outage :mad:

Anyway just wanted to post here to say it would be real nice if someon could donate an XP3000+ or better rig to folding to compensate for my outage.... also to congratukate whatever make the jump from 576 to 564 (I think) all in one day on the rankings and just generally say BUMP to the folding cause..... og yeah and I think I made 300 units - kinda limping home now though :(

Anyway give it a try - I have enjoyed it a lot more than setii I must say....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back