nVDVD 1.22

thank you :)))
I discovered this with a good luck !!!
Tell us if you discover the faulty codec !

Well -- it appears it's the AC-3 decoder in the Nimo Codec Pak. If I install the Nimo basic profile NVDVD will not run without the Codec error. If install using the basic profile and deselect the AC-3 decoder from the list of Codecs to be installed -- all is fine !!

Great tip Jib !!! :D

BTW -- is it me or do movies look a tad "sharper" with NVDVD than PowerDVD XP or even WinDVD ?? Must say, I like what I see so far !!! :)

I had doubts about the AC3 decoder, so now I know I have to get rid of it !!

You know what, I am using nvdvd with my ATI Radeon 8500 card :)))) and it works great, even with hardware acceleration!
The image and sound seem to be perfect, even though nvdvd uses more CPU than PowerDVD or WinDVD.

I like nvdvd interface, and compared to ATI DVD Player, the one from nvidia is much more nice ! and it decodes 5.1 (impossible with ATI), and I have a 5.1 system without external decoder....

thanks for the tip. i wouldn't of thought it was teh nimo codec pack

who what have ever thought is was NIMO, what a discovery, thanks again for taking the time to find it out and for posting your news, you helped out many people, that darn AC3 codec!

NIMO CODEC

I also noticed the following about the NIMO CODEC faults:

Do not chose the "G400 Filter" if you do not have G400 graphic cards
Do not install the "Direct Show Bicubic Resizer Filter" if you are getting upside-down video playback when installed.
Do not install "AC3 Coded" or NVidia's NVDVD will give you an error.

here is another fix i came across, if you have another dvdplayer installed - > do this in the command shell : regsvr32 -u c:\windows\system32\iviaudio.ax ( if you have windvd ! ) - this disables the audio directshowfilter ( windvd) and allows ndvd to use its own --- the same procedure with powerdvd ( but i dont now the name of the audio codec ! ) --- if you deinstall some of the named player , all is away but not the filters - they remain installed..

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I and other members of the HTPC community are incredably happy with the load speed, an the fact that if you close the application the dvd will resum efrom exactly the same position as when you quit... Awesome stuff.. it has great potential.

WOW...Dude ...
you are great -.--i have uninstall the nimo pack and it works .... thanks...thanks---thanks

Damn I wish I had this. I don't particularly like powerDVD or winDVD. I happen to be a huge nVidia supporter as well. I have to get my hands on this somehow! :D

Downloaded and found serial within 2 mins on a japenese site. worked first time and it is better than power dvd xp that i paid for.

anyone else noticed that nvDVD can be skinned?

in the main directory there are loads of images, and a .xml file, and the shortcut refers to this .xml file as a command-line argument.

cool!!!:cool:

Yes, thats what makes me suspect it is a WMp6.4 clone that can only play DVD files and thus uses its oen video filter... nice tho. And the video filter is sweet.

For those of you still having problems with the error message :-

"Nvidia Audio Decoder not found.This Program runs only with Nvidia Decoders."

Try moving the Ac3dec.dll file in the Windows\system32 folder to another directory\folder .......... worked for me.

Re: ERROR!

Originally posted by xeonox
i just installed it and i am getting an error.

Anyone have any idea why i am getting the following error?

-------------- E R R O R M E S S A G E B E L O W----------------------

"Unable to find the NVIDIA Audio Decoder. This application will only run with NVIDIA decoders."
The audio filter that comes with nvdvd isn't registered.

Go to the directory you installed it in (in a command prompt window) and type (less the quotes) "regsvr32 nvauddec.ax"

That should take care of the problem.

edit: it looks like some other people have found the problem to be in the nimo pack. Apparently the nimo ac3 codec automatically assumes the highest priority and prevents the nvidia ac3 codec from loading.

Stereodude

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Image5.gif
What GeForce card do you have? On my GF3 Ti200 I do not have all of those de-interlacing options. I have "Display fields separately" and "Blend fields".

Stereodude

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Could one of these guests please sign up and tell me how they found this thread.. all alternatively mail me at news@inmatrix.com I am well curious!! :D
News postage at nVnews.net.

Stereodude

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back