NHL 2005-2006 Playoffs

Heeter said:
Hotdog!!!

Wings won on Oilers penalties, I don't think that the refs called enough, ByJesus!!!. Oilers totally lacked discipline. They play like this again, They should just go home. Ya can't play like this against the firepower of the Wings. I am frustrated that they fell apart right from the beginning.

Oh well,

Heeter

The Refs should be taken out back and beaten. The worst called game I have ever seen. If that is what Betman thinks the "New" NHL should be then I'm done with the NHL. He has to go....

Now my comments on the game. Other then the 1000 penality calls,, the game was intense,,that Pronger hit I think on Cleary was Brutal...Good game Oilers but your Doomed..........:smoker:

@ nads' ...I changed my sig I didint care for the "x"'s..:dead:

I'll actually get to watch the game tonight! :D

Flames in 6!!!

Rangers are on in 1 hour and 19 minutes.

Again I say, Rangers in 7 :smoker:

Good luck with those Rangers Chief....hopefully they don't put Weeks in net.....

My Wings will hammer on the Oilers this afternoon......:smoker:

Wings are done......2nd period and i'm through watching...My hats off to the Oilers, playing with confidence and great defense...kudos to them they are more hungry for the win.... The wings are playing the corners in bunches, never spreading out and puck control is crap...no excuses.....***Shanny just scored as I type this with 1:14 left in the 2nd period.***....... is there hope?....maybe but I feel its a bit too late....? Have I lost hope in this team .."no" but I guess I'm just frustrated at the moment....:disappointed:

As for Jagr..he looks finished for the Rangers...Brad Lukowich took him out in the boards....ouch!

Jagr did go down pretty early, but you have to give the guy credit for trying to play. Although the Rangers got swept, losing the last two at home, there are many positives to be taken away from this series:

Goaltending - They have Lundqvuist, who is only 24 years old and shows a lot of sign(s) of promise. This is a very young team, second only to Buffalo, and to have a potentially solid nucleus is something they can build around.

Fans - Even after the game was over, the Rangers gathered center ice and were still hearing "LET'S GO RANGERS" from the fans that were still there, which was most of them. The fans have been re-connected to this team, something that was needed for a team making the playoffs for the first time in 9 years.

Courage - With roughly 3 minutes to go, and on the Power Play, the Rangers Coach pulled the goalie to go 6 on 4. This shows the team, the fans and their players on the ice there is no quit. This was an instrumental step to put some confidence in the younger players, only to be rewarded with them scoring a goal.

Where some teams may have laid down and quit, the Rangers played with a lot of fire and intensity in those final 4 minutes, with several bonafide chances to score.

Hats off to the Devils, who are playing like a well oiled machine right now. I wouldn't want to be their next opponent.

And for the Rangers, we will be back next year :up:

I have to agree with you on eveything you said chief :)

Heart is where it counts...but the Devils Look and are playing intense and mean. finishing their checks and following through with the attack. Brodeur is playing great...

As for my Wings...I am only hoping they get their Sh*T together...:mad: This series is going 7....until then..GO WINGS!

The Devils and Brodeur have been on fire since on or around the New Year (more specifically January 3rd). The Rangers, on the other hand, lost their last 5 or 6 coming in, and then the last 4.

While I'm disappointed, I can't really be surprised :(

One thing for the teams that are going on vaction now, they at least got to go to the dance. That says something for those teams. Think of all the other teams that didn't get to go.

Oh, and...

Gooooooo Sharks!

The Devils are scary right now. 15 straight wins. They've tied the record set by the Wings back in 1950-something :eek:

Anyway, so far I'm 1-1 for eliminations.

The game last night was awesome. The Flames were really skating well last night, and finally had some of the speed I remember from 2004.

I hope we can finish the series off next game. Game 7's are way too intense, even though we'll have home ice advantage.

duck_hunting.jpg

Last edited:
Game 7's are the bomb.

I remember back in '94 when the Rangers won the Stanley Cup.

Matteau!! Matteau!! Matteau!!

Man, they had a good squad back then :(

What can I say, Sharks took care of business. Yeah!

Who's next?! :rolleyes:

Looks like Yzerman coming back has really helped out Detroit. End of second period and they are up 2-0.

Flames game in an hour or so! :D Woot.

ran back from t.v. to post..but GM stole my thunder..lol...anyway..yes Stevie Y. has brought the wings back to their feet...thats why he is the best Capt. of all time...awesome!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back