New Toy: HTC Touch Diamond

Guys I need help. I have been trying to search and find on Google things comparing the 2 different HTC Touch Diamond versions. I can't find anything, I want to know if I can use the same batterys, extended batterys, chargers, and all that good stuff.

This link is to the one that I have

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpW..._catalog_item_sku=67397&region=ON&language=en

And this link is to the other version.

http://www.smartphonecentral.ca/htc-phones/htc-touch-diamond/

Quite annoying now, the design of this one is much better, I am wondering if anyone has created a curved diamond back plate, that would be awesome.

after using the phone for a little longer bman...what do you think of the onscreen keyboard for typing and emails and so far what have been our favorite hacks? specifically which ones because I found multiple hacks to unlock the accelerometer.

I have exclusively used the full QWERTY keyboard and love it. Now as I said before with any keyboard, the buttons near the edge of the screen take a bit more to hit, but you get over that quickly, and if you use it in Landscape, its quite awesome.

There are many Apps/hacks for extending the use of the accelerometer, and the one I have come to use, better features and more stable, it's called ChangeScreen, same idea as Gsen or the other one, but I like it the most.

Now in terms of hacks, most of my hacks are done by applications, and that website I gave a link to has all of them, Diamond TF3D Config, Diamond Tweak etc.

Hmmm I really must look into getting myself that touch HD. The HTC devices really are nice, glad your getting on with yours Bman

Mine arrives tomorrow :eek:
I am so weak

I will do my best to get a nice review out there:)

Mine arrives tomorrow :eek:
I am so weak

I will do my best to get a nice review out there:)
you should have read my post before you bought, you can get most of the touch features by installing a couple of free programs;

touchflo

htc home

cube

if you want the links I'll post them they work very nicely too

I have exclusively used the full QWERTY keyboard and love it. Now as I said before with any keyboard, the buttons near the edge of the screen take a bit more to hit, but you get over that quickly, and if you use it in Landscape, its quite awesome.

There are many Apps/hacks for extending the use of the accelerometer, and the one I have come to use, better features and more stable, it's called ChangeScreen, same idea as Gsen or the other one, but I like it the most.

Now in terms of hacks, most of my hacks are done by applications, and that website I gave a link to has all of them, Diamond TF3D Config, Diamond Tweak etc.

That is exactly what I was looking for. I'm 95% sure I'm going for the touch diamond as the added bulk of the pro just doesn't sit well with me. Also you saying that you get used to the touch screen for typing eases my worries for that as well.

I never use more than a gig of space on my phones (that is what my zune is for) but knowing that internally it has the 4GB of space is a nice thing knowing I don't have an sd card sucking my battery juice (I know that statement may or may not be true but it's a mental thing).

I've looked through all the apps at the link you provided and am just dying to get my hands on one of the HTC phones.

Thank bman.

That is exactly what I was looking for. I'm 95% sure I'm going for the touch diamond as the added bulk of the pro just doesn't sit well with me. Also you saying that you get used to the touch screen for typing eases my worries for that as well.

I never use more than a gig of space on my phones (that is what my zune is for) but knowing that internally it has the 4GB of space is a nice thing knowing I don't have an sd card sucking my battery juice (I know that statement may or may not be true but it's a mental thing).

I've looked through all the apps at the link you provided and am just dying to get my hands on one of the HTC phones.

Thank bman.

The getting used to is only for the few keys near the edge of the screen, you need to hit them a bit harder, nothing really to worry about. :)

Wow I thought the Touch HD was an older phone, very nice, larger screen, 5MP cam, very very nice. HTC has some very nice stuff.

I went to the local at&t store and was playing with one of these - HTC Fuze to be exact. I am to a point where I do not know if I want this or the blackberry now. They are both awesome phones.

I was just looking at the touch hd - I think I like it the best! http://www.htc.com/www/product/touchhd/overview.html

I went to the local at&t store and was playing with one of these. I am to a point where I do not know if I want this or the blackberry now. They are both awesome phones.
blackberry I believe has a much bigger screen

that is what I thinking also, perris. I'll have to look into them more before I decide.

In that case I'll be expecting my htc touch pro to arrive sometime soon in exchange you can have my iphone and associated O2 contract :)

Ahhh your going from the Pro its a nice device though its a bit chunky. What made you go for it over a touch HD? Did you want the keyboard?

Sorry for off topic comments Bman,

How you getting on with find a new battery?

Ahhh your going from the Pro its a nice device though its a bit chunky. What made you go for it over a touch HD? Did you want the keyboard?

Sorry for off topic comments Bman,

How you getting on with find a new battery?

I haven't. I was hoping that EP's weakness would net me a nice usefull touch pro in exchange for my iphone and the remaining 12 months of my 18month £800 contract :D

Bur as soon as my iphone contract expires in december I'll be taking a long look at htc offerings. The new windows mobile slated to be coming out around then looks interesting.

at the last absolute second I changed my mind to the Touch Pro...the full slide out qwerty tempted me too much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back