New Toy: HTC Touch Diamond

The keyboards on the diamond are pretty good. They are responsive, except the buttons closer to the edge of the screen are sometimes harder to it, annoying but you get used to it. And accurate, can't say its not.

And the accelerometer, as in the thing that allows the change of screen, landscape and so forth. If so, I stated that hack in my review :)

The keyboards on the diamond are pretty good. They are responsive, except the buttons closer to the edge of the screen are sometimes harder to it, annoying but you get used to it. And accurate, can't say its not.

And the accelerometer, as in the thing that allows the change of screen, landscape and so forth. If so, I stated that hack in my review :)
ah, I was hoping it had an accelerometer, this is really the only reason I wanted the iphone, apps are really great with an accelerometer and I am sure windows developers will be at least as ingenious as apple developers

ah, I was hoping it had an accelerometer, this is really the only reason I wanted the iphone, apps are really great with an accelerometer and I am sure windows developers will be at least as ingenious as apple developers

I never said there was not an accelerometer, I just don't know what that is. At least that term.

I never said there was not an accelerometer, I just don't know what that is. At least that term.
I just did an online search and according to teh tubes sprint's touch pro does have an accelerometer

good

If that is what the accelerometer is, then yes the Diamond has it, and the hack worked amazing. I use it in almost every application.

bman, you said you had to pull the battery, isn't there a reset thingy with the stylus?

plus I saw you metioned the hack to get the g sensor on everything but I didn't see what the hack was

also you might take a look at this tweak page and tell us how they work

then I'd have to say I might lean more towards the diamond as I don't want the extra bulk from the physical keyboard of the touch pro...bman, if you can pm me the place you found the hack that would be great...I can't remember where I found mine but it might be the same thing

Do you mean pulling out the stylus resets the phone, I never tried. And if you mean the little tiny hole that resets the device, well that resets everything, meaning data is lost. But if the stylus actually does what I just said, that would be pretty awesome.

Tuff, all themes, hacks and good things for the Diamond (and many other phones) can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=441

Do you mean pulling out the stylus resets the phone, I never tried. And if you mean the little tiny hole that resets the device, well that resets everything, meaning data is lost. But if the stylus actually does what I just said, that would be pretty awesome.

Tuff, all themes, hacks and good things for the Diamond (and many other phones) can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=441
no I don't mean pulling the stylus resets the phone but there is usually a button to push with the stylus that will do it

it's a soft reset not a hard reset, the hard reset involves pushing buttons at the same time as inserting the stylus

you are safe to soft reset the phone with the insert

no I don't mean pulling the stylus resets the phone but there is usually a button to push with the stylus that will do it

it's a soft reset not a hard reset, the hard reset involves pushing buttons at the same time as inserting the stylus

you are safe to soft reset the phone with the insert

The only button I know of that soft resets the phone is the power button on the top of the phone, if you hold it for a couple seconds. But if the phone freezes from hacking and changing system files, that does not help, the screen actually freezes. As far as I know. I'm not that much help am I lol.

The only button I know of that soft resets the phone is the power button on the top of the phone, if you hold it for a couple seconds. But if the phone freezes from hacking and changing system files, that does not help, the screen actually freezes. As far as I know. I'm not that much help am I lol.
soft reset

1. Pull out the stylus.
2. Use the stylus to press the RESET button located at the opening of the stylus compartment. Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.

there's a picture on the link to show you what the button looks like

soft reset

there's a picture on the link to show you what the button looks like

Yea mine does not have that, at least not in that location, since I don't have the diamond cut back, mine is a bit different, that reset button is inside where the battery is, and I believe mine is a hard reset. That is the problem with my review, many of you will be getting that phone thats on HTC's website, not the Canadian version.

Yea mine does not have that, at least not in that location, since I don't have the diamond cut back, mine is a bit different, that reset button is inside where the battery is, and I believe mine is a hard reset. That is the problem with my review, many of you will be getting that phone thats on HTC's website, not the Canadian version.
bman, I don' believe there is such thing as a hard reset button, I think that's your soft reset...my palm phone with windows mobile also has the soft reset button by the battery

windows is gets @nal about that hard reset and you're gonna get a few confirmations before the hard reset takes place

bman, I don' believe there is such thing as a hard reset button, I think that's your soft reset...my palm phone with windows mobile also has the soft reset button by the battery

windows is **** about that hard reset and you're gonna get a few confirmations before the hard reset takes place

Oh well your probably right. My point was, that its right beside the battery, meaning that I might as well pull the battery instead of trying to hit that button.. no? lol

Oh well your probably right. My point was, that its right beside the battery, meaning that I might as well pull the battery instead of trying to hit that button.. no? lol
might as well

also there are a few software programs that put the soft reset right on the screen, I forget which ones though I believe at least one is free

great thread...I'm even more excited about getting the diamond or the pro in a few weeks.

I just noticed that the Diamond version on there website, also has 2 cameras, one on the front and back, hmm I want that...

I just loaded the touchflo program and then the cube and my mogul now works pretty much like the touch.

good stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back