Mozilla.org Discussion (Mozilla, FireBird, Thunderbird, etc)

I have looked through most of the posts on this subject and I can't seem to locate the information I am looking for. Is it possible to change the position of the tabs?

yes its possible put this in your userchrome.css to put the tabs at the bottom:

Code:
/* Display the Tabbar at the bottom */
#content > tabbox {-moz-box-direction: reverse;}

if you want them at the left/right side of the screen then you have to get the TBE extension.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help so far...............

I do have another one. My home won't load when starting Firebird. It has been doing this for the last day or so. I go into the Tools->Options->General and the home page address is listed in the location space. Clicking on the Home icon will open it. It just won't open when starting Firebird. Anyway I can fix this?

BTW, My downloading 1 item at a time has been fixed by the js script edit. And the pages are loading pretty fast too as well. NTFS forum page loading is as fast as IE/Avant. Where do I go so I can increase the cache size so some of my other less used bookmarks can speed up loading as well?

UBISoft webpage cannot load with Firebird. Is says that I need IE to use, so my URU-Live gaming has been put on hold as I try to figure out how to use Firebird for URU-Live. Maybe someone can give me pointers on this issue as well.

All-in-all, Firebird has surpassed my expectations of it. The last two weeks has been a great learning process for me when it comes to open-source browsers. I simply cannot go back to IE now, I will not. I guess some people out there will not take the time to see what great browser's are out there, and what a great, big, gaping security hole IE is. To each there own, I guess.

Heeter

I do have another one. My home won't load when starting Firebird. It has been doing this for the last day or so. I go into the Tools->Options->General and the home page address is listed in the location space. Clicking on the Home icon will open it. It just won't open when starting Firebird. Anyway I can fix this?

which build are you using, this has been a bug for short time in the nightlies.

BTW, My downloading 1 item at a time has been fixed by the js script edit. And the pages are loading pretty fast too as well. NTFS forum page loading is as fast as IE/Avant. Where do I go so I can increase the cache size so some of my other less used bookmarks can speed up loading as well?

Tools->Options->Privacy->Cache

UBISoft webpage cannot load with Firebird. Is says that I need IE to use, so my URU-Live gaming has been put on hold as I try to figure out how to use Firebird for URU-Live. Maybe someone can give me pointers on this issue as well.

try the user agent switcher extension to fool the website, or use the neptune plugin, but best is to mail the webmaster saying that they need to let firebird in since it will probably have no problems with viewing the page.

Hi Sboulema,

I am using the 0.7 version. I have not installed any nightlies at all. Or any updates , if any available. Should I install any nightlies?

Thanks for the help. I go through the options list all the time, I should have that cache listed there. My bad.

I will email the URU webmaster and go from there. I will wait and see wait he/she says.

Heeter

have you done a check with adaware/spybot? check the value of the "browser.startup.homepage" string in about:config

I just ran Spybot, found nothing.

In the about:config, the value listed is my homepage address.

Here is a screenie of my about:config

Heeter

Yahoo!!

It worked, Sboulema. Thanks a million. That fixed it.
Now if I could configure Firebird to serve me a cup of coffee in the morning, I'll be in heaven. Well...almost.

Heeter

ok well I've been using mozilla 1.5 now and I just don't see what th ebig deal is...what I'm really hoping is that there are fixes or beta downloads to this...All the pages that I look at don't have the right formatting. I just don't see what is that great. The variants of IE are really good except for a few bugs I was just hoping that mozilla was going to blow me away and it really didn't

this thread isn't to compare the browsers, it's to give support to the people that prefer mozilla or a variant

all the other browsers have similar threads...some people prefer opera, ie, etc

the thing with ie, is it's not developed any more due to court orders, so soon enough, your pages are going to be wrong in ie

best idea is to get used to another browser in preparation

well yeah that's why I'm trying mozilla and I was just wondering if the people that have been downloading the latest betas of mozilla have been seeing a lot bugs getting fixed

Yup, only bug that took time was the page stretching bug (primarily because some people had a hard time re-producing it) but that's gone now. Most bugs are squashed pretty quick :)

Originally posted by Tuffgong4
ok well I've been using mozilla 1.5 now and I just don't see what the big deal is...what I'm really hoping is that there are fixes or beta downloads to this...All the pages that I look at don't have the right formatting. I just don't see what is that great. The variants of IE are really good except for a few bugs I was just hoping that mozilla was going to blow me away and it really didn't

If it is only Mozilla that you are trying ATM, maybe you should turn to Firebird instead. Remember Mozilla is still somewhat bloated and Firebird is streamlined and you add what you want to make it as you want with extentions and [plugins[/i] and all the nice tips 'n tricks.

You may find Firebird suits you better than Mozilla. You'll never know until you try it.

when i click firebird icon, it opens in a new window. is there a way to get it to open (and all links) in a new tab in my current firebird window?

Hi Guys,

I am missing the middle toolbar (just under the "To:" fields) in Thunderbird. The one the anchor, link, spelling icons. I have tried everything to see if it reappears. Can someone tell me how to make it reappear. Also, the new Thunderbird4 must have a bug in it. There is no body to emails sent to me from hotmail accounts, only subject title and name of sender. I have returned to using Thunderbird3 because of this problem.

Heeter

Heeter I am also using Thunderbird 0.4 But what you are saying about:

There is no body to emails sent to me from hotmail accounts, only subject title and name of sender.

Is a little confusing... could you rephrase or post a screen capture of it?

As for the tool bar it could be either a problem with the Visual Style you are using. If you have skinned Thunderbird, there are some skins in conjunction with a Visual Style that you my be using on XP that makes the Tool Bar dissapear or just look like there is nothing there (I had this happen to me with WindowBlinds and some Thunderbird Skin). I would also right click on the Tool Bar of Thunderbird on an empty spot and the "customize" icon will pop up click it and check to see if you have the tool bars set for "icons and text" or "text only" or "icons only".

You may want to use the default Thunderbird skin and/or the default XP theme and see if it is then viewable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back