Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daeron Tinúviel said:
is there anyway to make tabs smaller??? like half of their current size, ilm lookin at mozillazine forums but havent found anything yet

If you're refering to the width of each tab, that can be adjusted in the TabBrowser Preferences options.
If however, you're refering to the height of the tab bar as a whole, you can't change that without modifying the files within the theme JAR file.

Johnny said:
This firefos is nice. There are a couple of things that still don't work right.
  • Not all pages show right
  • The popup features are horrible, and there is no over ride for them
  • The integrated download manager is o.k. But when you use flashget it brings an annoying page up that says it redirecting it to flashget.
  • The select all don't work all the time
  • You can't hightlight text very well
These are only a couple of things I can think of right off hand, I will post more as I find them.

1. This has been discussed before. Pages that are non-conformant to HTML/XHTML/CSS standards are the ones that display incorrectly in Firefox. It's the fault of the person who created the web page, not the fault of the browser.
2. The popup blocker can be overridden using whitelists. If a popup has been blocked, a little icon pops up at the lower left hand corner of the screen. Double click it, and select Unblock this site. That's it.
3. Matter of personal preference, I suppose. The integrated download manager suits my purpose fine. It's not meant to be a full-blown one like Flashget etc.
4. Works fine for me everytime I've tried it. Do you have a specific page that it's not working properly on?
5. Same as #4

Hey that worked! I didn't think of using the nightly with it. I try to stay away from the nightlies as much as possible!

NetRyder said:
If you're refering to the width of each tab, that can be adjusted in the TabBrowser Preferences options.
If however, you're refering to the height of the tab bar as a whole, you can't change that without modifying the files within the theme JAR file.

where in tabbrowsers preferences i can adjust the with of the tab???

funky dredd said:
Hey that worked! I didn't think of using the nightly with it. I try to stay away from the nightlies as much as possible!

Yeah, basically the Thunderbird build that you're using is a nightly, so you would need to use a corresponding nightly build of the calendar extension as well.
Glad to know it worked.
smile.gif

EDIT: Thanks for the rep points!
wink.gif

Daeron Tinúviel said:
where in tabbrowsers preferences i can adjust the with of the tab???

I'm sorry. I meant TabBrowser Extensions, not Preferences.
smile.gif

Here's a screenshot showing the option:

Attachments

• tbe.PNG
    tbe.PNG
    43.5 KB · Views: 104
NetRyder said:
Yeah, basically the Thunderbird build that you're using a nightly, so you would need to use a corresponding nightly build of the calendar extension as well.
Glad to know it worked.
smile.gif

EDIT: Thanks for the rep points!
wink.gif
;) No problem!

i uninstall it TBP and install TBE, works like a charm thanks netryder......

BTW anyway to change color of the tabs?

Not a problem.
smile.gif

Now to change the color of a particular tab, right click the tab and select Change Tab Color. To permanently change the look of all the tabs, however, you'll need to edit the tab images within the theme's JAR file using an image editor, change the colors, and repack the theme file. Not a very friendly process, unfortunately.

ok too much trouble for that,, but is a nice tip to have it, anyway more thatn change the color all i want is to difference between tabs so if more easy to know which one is the active, i look around i found a code to put in the ussecrhrome and that did it, i love this thread!

Daeron Tinúviel said:
is there anyway to make tabs smaller??? like half of their current size, ilm lookin at mozillazine forums but havent found anything yet

put this in your userchrome.css

Code:
/* Fixed width Tabs */
tab {max-width: 80px !important;}

gonaads said:
You should be able to save and rename whatever you are downloading.

But if you want you can check to see if you have it set correctly.

Click on "tools" at the top of your browser. (see first attachment) Then click "options".

Then click on the "downloads" icon on the left of the window that has opened up. Now make sure that "as me where to save every file" is ticked under the heading "download folder". (see second attachment)

Then when you download you should be able to rename the files when the dialog box opens asking where to save the files to.

Thanks ! :D

how would I revert all the changes that the TBP and TBE made, can I safely overwrite the chrome.css from another machine which I havent installed these extensions on?

does anyone know of a pop up stopper for this that is'nt so "retarded" all the one on it seems to do is shut the java off. It won't allow any popups to go through, and don't give any notification if it blocks any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back