[Movie Review] Batman Begins *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by Grandmaster, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I'm gonna go watch it in a couple hours. I haven't watched any trailers or teasers so I'm expecting it to be pretty damn good :p

Anyone else go yet?

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Re: Batman Begins

I'm probably going tomorrow. Let us know what you think. I'm waiting for my brother's opinion as well...he's going today too.

I'm still trying to decide whether I should go to the IMAX one or not. The nearest IMAX theater is relatively far away...it's near uni, and I'm already back home. I think I'll go for it anyway. :p

3. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

Re: Batman Begins

im going to see it in less than a hour. will post back with details

4. ~bk

~bk I Political User

[Movie Review] Batman Begins

Just watched it today. I just loved it! In my opinion, it truly is the best Batman movie I've ever seen. Christian Bale was perfect. I would love to see him again as a Batman. I thought that the story and the villain were pretty different from the previous Batman movies, which is why I liked it. The ending was great as well.

Another plus in this movie was the background score and the action. Both were awesome! There were some good funny moments as well in the movie.

Now there were some cons. At the beginning, I felt it was a little slow-ish. I didn't like Ken Watanabe's acting for some reason. :lick: Also, when Christian Bale makes or tries to make his voice deeper when he is dressed up as a Batman. That kind of bothered me a bit, but I guess it was because so no one would able to recognize his voice. :)

Overall, I just loved the movie! I truly did. This is what I expected from a Batman movie. It was a great experience. Go watch it, and decide it yourself. Forget all the previous Batman movies. Just watch this as the first one. It's a new beginning for Batman movies.

"Batman Begins" gets 4.5/5 ~bk stars.

;)

Oh and some movie trailers to watch out for. "War of the Worlds" and "Stealth". Both movies are looking very good.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
    Grandmaster likes this.
  5. Grandmaster

Re: [Movie Review] Batman Begins

Threads Merged

Sorry, I should have merged the other way around...anyway.

Good review! I really love watching the trailers, so that should be nice :)

6. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Thanks Grandmaster. You should definately check it out. ;)

7. Luna

Luna OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

I though that was because of the mask cutting off the air to his nose, changed his voice a bit.

They never really explain how the people are saved from the you know what at the end. I mean they hint at it, but you never see anything put into action. That kind of irked me. Anyway, My fav Batman film so far.

8. ~bk

~bk I Political User

I think they didn't need to show that because the whole thing blew up in the train, right? If that's what you are talking about. :) Or if you are talking about the gas that affected those people, then I guess you have good point there. I never thought about it. :p

9. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

It's the setup for the next one. :p

10. Luna

Luna OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

Yea, that's what I was talking about. They never got into the details on that but everything turned out ok.

11. Grandmaster

Went to see this with hsn. Wow. Go watch it! Spiderwho? :p

One of the favorite movies ever. More tommorow, I'm a bit tired :p

12. Hsn

Hsn King

Yeah, who's Spiderman? :p

All I have to say right now is this...

GO WATCH IT NOW! :D

13. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

That's it. I'm going IMAX. :D

14. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

Got back from seeing it. It was good...

As to the voice, I think in some places it was lowered as a means to impart fear upon the other guy (or so was the impression I got)...

You're talking about when his voice was deeper, when he had the person hanging from the bungee chord or whatever it was and kept dropping him for instance??

15. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

saw it last night. it was da bomb. like u guys said, spiderman ain't go shiznit on this movie. lol. i give it 4/5 stars

16. Grandmaster

I really loved how dark this movie was. In the beginning they captured just how much anger and emotion Bruce felt for his parents death, and Bale acted to that perfectly. Especially during the trial for his parents murderer.

I believe he made his voice deeper to add to the "fear" effect. Also, I didn't know why Batman called himself Batman before this movie, and now the name just seems too cool :p

The pacing was quite good, there were not any parts where I was getting bored...and the new Bat-tank kicks ass.

The favorite scene was when Rachel realizes Bruce is Batman, and then the whole flying scene right afte that. I was grinning when that happened :p Also the scene in at the start where Bruce and the evil guy (can't remember his name) are at the edge of the cliff.

And there were a couple more moments like that. The acting all round was great, the scipt was quite good, though slightly cheesy at times. The musical score was great. The direction was amazing.

My only complaint is that I knew that after he saved the guy who would later become the evil guy (someone tell me his name again :p), would come back to be the villain. It was just obvious.

Well we know for sure that there is going to be atleast one other movie...what a kick ass ending! :D

My thoughts above, beware they are heavily laced with spoilers.

edit: heh, forgot to rate it.

4.5/5 OSNN Stars

17. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

They didn't mess it up and I am real happy bout it :)

I have some issues with some of the quirks but other than that it was decent.

Will post more later after others have seen it.

My rating, 3.5/5 OSNN stars.

18. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Saw it the other day, was fantastic

4.5/5 OSNN stars

19. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Nice review Grandmaster. And the bad guy's name was
    Henri Ducard
    :)

Waiting for Sazar's review. :)

20. joyojoy

joyojoy Not all there...

What I SAW of it was GREAT. Unfortunately, right at the point where he decides to create Batman, the fire alarm went off and the entire 16-movie complex had to be evacuated. By the time the fire dept. arrived and determined it was a false alarm, and we got our refund passes, it was too late for us to go back in and watch it again....AAARRRGH!!!!! I guess we'll try again on Tuesday.