[Movie Review] Batman Begins *SPOILERS*

Re: [Movie Review] Batman Begins

I think this was the best super hero movie to date

joyojoy said:
What I SAW of it was GREAT. Unfortunately, right at the point where he decides to create Batman, the fire alarm went off and the entire 16-movie complex had to be evacuated. By the time the fire dept. arrived and determined it was a false alarm, and we got our refund passes, it was too late for us to go back in and watch it again....AAARRRGH!!!!! I guess we'll try again on Tuesday.

:squareeye...thats funny

joyojoy said:
What I SAW of it was GREAT. Unfortunately, right at the point where he decides to create Batman, the fire alarm went off and the entire 16-movie complex had to be evacuated. By the time the fire dept. arrived and determined it was a false alarm, and we got our refund passes, it was too late for us to go back in and watch it again....AAARRRGH!!!!! I guess we'll try again on Tuesday.

Man, you missed the best part.

I saw it at a theatre called "The Bridge" in Culver City. Great theatre and an excellent movie.

Very great movie...I'm gonna go see it a second time in IMAX and the bad guy was unexpected (for me :p). Christian Bale played a great Batman :)

*sits in corner and sulks*
Man, I just I gotta see the rest of it! I'm getting off work early tomorrow to go catch it. Hopefully I can get through the whole thing this time without a tornado alert or something equally annoying...:mad:

i loved this movie the only think that drove me nutts was

The fact that a micowave device used in the movie would shred the cells of anyone near it. lol And they were just walking around it while it was on... Just common sense that microwaves heat water particles and that the human body is 65 percent water. YAh Yah i know its just movie but i mean come on lol they could of done something othger than the microwave thing hehe"

Other than that i loved it. And the scarecrow was acually scary in my opinion hehe.

4 out of 5 osnn stars.

(I fixed your spoiler tags :p - Grandmaster)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarecrow (the actor) actually applied for Batman's role. He obviously didn't get it but did such a good job that he landed a tertiary role as Scarecrow :)

I think he did a good job. He is a good actor.

perris said:
I think this was the best super hero movie to date

:eek:

X-men, Superman the movie, Hellboy, Sin City, Spiderman ???

Batman Begins doesn't even compare to the original Burton movies. It's good and people feel better about it because it didn't suck :) but it is certainly far from the best super hero movie to date.

Cillian Murphy is a reaqlly great actor and has a awe of supervillian about him. HE has a new movie coming out called Red-Eye saw preview last night for MR and MRs smith. Looked like it was goan be good.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421239/

you can view the trailer link from above.

Sazar said:

It's better than all of those with the exception of Sin City, but only because I haven't seen Sin City yet.

Sin city was good. In my opinion it might of been better than batman

Hellboy?

thought it was one of the worst of the superhero movies....

the_music_man said:
fantastic 4 shall be good too!!

It doesn't look that good.

Sazar said:

Batman Begins doesn't even compare to the original Burton movies.
I couldn't stand the first batman movies...spidey was cute in my book and that's all it was...superman was also juvenile.

hellboy I liked, but this one more, sin city was good but in a much more over the top genre, this movie is much better in my book
but it is certainly far from the best super hero movie to date.

in my revue, this is the best of the comic book movies

Last edited:

The overall movie was enjoyable.

The beginning of the movie when he is a child and as to how he found the Bat Cave was true to form. How he became obsessed with fighting evil was quite refreshing. The great lengths he went to to achieve some sort of satisfaction or fullfillment. Though he never seemed to acheive it.

What bothered me was that the story of the "Dark Knight" shows that he never found out who it was that killed his parents. It was O.K. as to how they set it into play and tied it together with the main villan sort of speak, but it's not correct. Anyway, As to how everyone was to be "saved" was drwn out towards the end. Remeber what he told Rachel Dawes about giving Sgt. Gordon the antidote viles and to use one on himself and the other for mass production/use. Plus, did Ducard really die...? Hmmmmm. And I did enjoy how Bruce Wayne got all them fancy toys. The Batmobile was a treat, especially when they were testing it out. :D Gordon's comments on it was funny even though it's been done before in other movies. But who the hell wouldn't say that? And his reward towards the end... heh heh, sweet. :p

The finally was good to a point but it was a bit too open ended. It leaves too much trust in the imagination of the audience to think up that all things were corrected and that who was to die did. It was too neat of an ending. Many people don't like to think too much with a movie like this. Diehard Batman fans would think everything through, as I did. The beginning was just a touch slow at times. But you have to establish the story and the reasons why. Action from the first second to the last dosen't make a good story. And the story of the "Dark Knight" is a story indeed. A very complicated story at that. But all in all the movie was quite enjoyable. The eye candy was very good. The way they showed Gotham in the daytime, a shiny normal looking thriving city on the surface. But then at night when the true nature of everything emerged. It's darkness, it's corruption, hopelessness and despair. Good contrasts.

I give it 3.5/4 out of 5 osnn stars.

I need to see it again to absorb more of the movie and then let it sink in some more. :D

Copy/paste from blog:

As I mentioned to some of you, I went to watch Batman Begins in an IMAX theater on Saturday. Totally worth it. I had been waiting for this movie for quite a while, and I'm really glad it lived up to my expectations. In fact, I'd say it's one of the coolest superhero movies I've watched so far.

Christian Bale was awesome as Batman, and Michael Caine was just perfect for Alfred's role. Even Cillian Murphy, who played Dr. Crane (and Scarecrow), did an awesome job.

The movie was a little more than two hours long, but it was fast-paced and the plot never felt like it was being dragged along pointlessly, which sometimes tends to happen in longer movies. In fact, several scenes were totally gripping.

Go watch it. Highly recommended! :)

joyjoy, that sux. Only happened to me once, when I was watching the Core sometime back. We were about half way through the movie, when someone discharged the fire extinguisher. The movie was stopped about half way through, and the managers came in and said they were clearing the theater out, due to all the halon in the air...

Well, it was decent and enjoyable to watch. I'm not sure that I would say that it was "the best..." such movie ever; then again I'm not one who would tend to rate anything as such... But to each their own...

As to some of the open endedness, I do wonder how much of that might be a setup for the next movie? A villian that we're left to think was left for dead, but we don't know for sure, can have a way of comming back again. Perhaps not, but they might have left enough breathing room in case they decide...

Oh, and saz, now might be a good time for you to include your review as well ;) The reviews look to be comming in now :D

YAY! Finally got to see the whole Batman! It was AWESOME! Gotta get one of those batmobiles for driving the Perimiter in Atlanta (Atlanta is rated one of the worst cities in the US for traffic...). I have to agree with Perris: this is one of the best superhero movies yet, although I kind of thought the beginning was a bit long and drawn-out (but then I had to sit through that part twice...). X2 is still probably one of my faves, and I really enjoyed Hellboy as well, but this one definitely rounds out my top 3.

The movie was good I thought, certainly when compared to something like Revenge of the Sith.

I cannot rate it as one of the top super-hero movies simply because much of the nostalgia being generated is primarily (IMO) due to the movie not being good, but rather not sucking as many people might possibly have expected.

The movie had a lot of pluses but there were a lot of weak performances and wasted roles as well. The Scare-Crow could have been better used, Holmes was atrocious, Hauer was wasted and why oh why were the fabulous talents of Watanabe not utilized?

Moving away from these gripes, lets concentrate on the story. There were flaws in the story a-plenty but usually many of these can be over-looked because of the fantastic nature of the role. Bale/Neeson/Caine/Oldman all did good jobs IMO and Bale was a good Batman.

The story meanders and the nature of the beast simply did not gel with me. The pacing was varied and it seemed almost like Nolan was trying ever so hard to make that lasting impact.

He did a good job, but not one that I think is worthy of displacing the classics that do exist. The cgi make it one of the better movies out there and I am sure the exploration of the Joker in the next movie will be interesting.

Now yes I am being negative about the movie but it is simply because it just does not seem to be the big balls movie that a lot are making it out to be.

There are some FABULOUS movies with excellent acting all round, exceptional story and well thought out pacing that have captured the imagination. It irks me when I see so many praise essentially cheap thrills as being a classic. Heck look @ Ep 3's ranking on IMDB and now BB's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back