Matt's Upgrade Thread

Well booooo.

Today I am working (from home) and I notice on one of my two 2005FPW's that I have a black shadow going along the top. Only 1/4" along the top but it dips down in the middle to 3/4". I tried everything that I knew Dell would have me try (replace the cable, self test mode, etc.).

I called and it is going to be replaced. However, due to the rules that we have to live by, I get a refurbished one. I personally hate replacement plans that send you a refurbished product (you never know what you are going to get).

However, I am happy they are replacing it.

Tis a shame indeed.

2007FPW's had some factory recall, they all got replaced with new ones :lick:

I took the dive yesterday after prices came down more than $100.00 on the E6700. The new CPU is also said to be in stock.

I will take pictures and write up a review once I receive it.

Right now the 975 chipset is the only chipset to offer full support for the new Core 2 Duo processors. I flashed my bios and I'm good to go.

It shipped out last night. It's on its way to Buffalo and I should have it in my hands on Monday.

p965 chipset supports core 2 duo and so does the nforce5 series not great quantity at the moment though.

Well, well... It's here! Pure power!

2.66GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache!

It'll have to wait until the weekend to be installed but I will take pictures and post them later.

Not that it matters, but...

How come the photos you see online show the top of the CPU with "Intel Core 2 Duo" with the Intel logo and such.

But when you receive the CPU it only shows the model number and specs.

I ordered RETAIL and that's what I have.

And Derek, I hate you too.

I think it depends on where you ordered it from.

Some places use "stock photos" with some disclaimer such as the photo may vary from the actual item, etc.

The pictures with the descriptor are probably just to help you see what the heck you are ordering.

As long as yours is a conroe proc, you don't really have to worry. It's not like you're gonna be staring at the proc's heat-spreader.

Or are you :suprised:

I read reviews how you are able to run it without a HSF and it maintains its temps!

I was just curious. Besides my Pentium D 950 it has been a long time since I purchased a stand alone CPU.

is the core duo 2 out then?

man i may just have to do some shopping today.

Yes, it is available but in short supply and over priced according to the MSRP. However, I found it in stock and I had a 10% off coupon so it brought it down to the MSRP.

I have it in hand, but I have yet to install it or take pictures.

I had/have the Intel Desktop Board D975XBX Extreme. I was running a Pentium D 950 prior to this upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back