Matt's Upgrade Thread

did you get that on newegg, i cant find it there?

Be warned!

Nothing like fine print. The new Core 2 Duo processors are ONLY compatible if you have revision 304 of the D975XBX Intel Desktop Board.

Go figure, because I have revision 302.

Needless to say it doesn't work and now I wasted $550 for nothing without upgrading my board.

sell it on ebay or to a friend and get another board...I'm still waiting for my E6600 to ship so I haven't bought anything else yet...it's frustrating when those stupid little things slip by...

thanks for the warning

As I suspected, Intel sent me a BS response. Regardless, I purchased the latest revision from Newegg today.

Hopefully in a few days I will be able to tell you all how my new processor works.

I will also be selling my old processor and board on osnnBay for anyone who may be interested.

I was wondering about that, which is why I had posted earlier in the thread, to find out if you were getting a new board.

Keep us posted buddy.

I may be interested in the hardware, I'll keep an eye on OSNNBAY :D

My new Intel 975X Desktop Board came today, revision "305" for anyone interested in knowing.

Plans for tomorrow morning are now set.

congrats...I'm waiting on my last parts in the order on Monday...I'm off Tuesday so that should be a great day.!!!

Upgrade complete. Not as smoothly as I would have liked, but in the end I am up and running.

Immediate differences other than a cooler CPU (idles around 45C) is a bit of a performance increase. Hard to tell at this time.

Upgrade complete. Not as smoothly as I would have liked, but in the end I am up and running.

Immediate differences other than a cooler CPU (idles around 45C) is a bit of a performance increase. Hard to tell at this time.

pr0n can only go so fast

I came across a deal that I couldn't turn down. I purchased four Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP 24" widescreen flat panels. I have decided to keep two and resell the other two.

I will post pictures soon (new camera is on order -- finally).

Good deal brother :)

I am considering some changes, depends how this quarter has ended out for me and my team and what kind of bonus I am getting.

Considering any other investments with the monies from the items sold?

I am definitely jealous of your new monitor setup - would have jumped on it too but my two 2007's barely fit within my corner desk :(

When I move, I'm getting two 27s!!!

Probably not though.

Can't wait for the pics :D

Saz, I almost pulled the trigger on a new digi cam today. A Canon 700IS (~$325.00 from Newegg). I decided to hold off to see how well I do on the other two flat panels.

Derek, I have two more flat panels for sale. *wink*

Saz, I almost pulled the trigger on a new digi cam today. A Canon 700IS (~$325.00 from Newegg). I decided to hold off to see how well I do on the other two flat panels.

Derek, I have two more flat panels for sale. *wink*

I'd buy that for a dollar.

You defiantly need to upgrade that box of yours.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back