Making a very nice site!

http://digital33t.technikality.com/index.shtml - Current, I'm starting a network with two other people. Its called Dgital33t :) Programed in HTML with SSI.

Past Sites:

www.planetcnc.com/ra2mod/news.asp - Quit and current webmaster never updates and the thing is errored to hell, programed in ASP and HTML with SSI, heh. (Poll, news and various other scripts in ASP).

www.modszone.com - Quit before it launched. Still hasn't launched, probably won't ever launch. Programmed in bare HTML.

I hit 15 last week ;) Made my first site at.... About 11 1/2. I know Medium ASP, Little Java, beginner at PHP and Photoshop, SSI and HTML fluent :p

cool man.

nice stuff, except for the crappy Command and Conquer sites!

Speedy_B: Why don't you make them in Emacs instead? It can handle Unix formatting (no sh*t :)) and color coding and all.

I use Dreamweaver MX and the text editor in Norton Commander (don't ask), but I'm going to install Emacs soon.

personally i dont think dreamweaver mx is that hard to use... after a week of experimenting, i think i know how to use it but of course there is still a lot of stuff to learn....
but hey if you have a good command over your html, css and stuff like that... then go for notetab(available at tucows.com). nice alternative for notepad though ; )
hehehe.....

i agree
dreamweaver mx is fantastic for making web sites
once you know how, its a lot easier to use, and has better features....it just does....
i see front page as more of a beginners tool where its very easy to start up and start making a page, but it wont be too advanced...
its like comparing flash mx and something like swish
flash is just more advanced and can do better stuff and is more "open" so to speak..
cheers

Originally posted by Zedric
Speedy_B: Why don't you make them in Emacs instead? It can handle Unix formatting (no sh*t :)) and color coding and all.

I do occasionaly when i SSH into my webserver, but im not running nix locally at the moment, so its word/notepad all the way :D

Originally posted by ZAnwar
cool man.

nice stuff, except for the crappy Command and Conquer sites!

Ha, CNC, you either love it or hate it.

And that Crappy Command and Conquer site may not be much to look at, but its errored to hell and got 12,000hits/day in its prime, so bleh.

I use Dreamweaver MX and Notepad normally.... With CuteFTP Pro 1.0.

dreamweaver is better than frontpage like photoshop is better than paint...........
also dreamweaver together with fireworks and flash there is no beating it

in my humble opinion
for a full timer there is no compairson 70%+ of the pros cant be wrong.....
dw.gif

fw.gif

fl.gif

cf.gif

fun for the whole family!

fun for the whole family after they go broke!
when you have to pay so much to be able to use the programs for more than 30 days!!:blink: :eek: :blink:

the suite, studio mx, which has 4 major programs ( dreamweaver, fireworks, flash and freehand) and alittle colfusion server can be had for $700 the single or pairs of programs for less.

theres always ebay...... bling bling :blink:

Originally posted by spikemic
dreamweaver is better than frontpage like photoshop is better than paint
LOL! So true. May I quote you on that one (hey I did!)?

What is ColdFusion, and what are the advantages of having it ?

coldfusion is macromedia's server-side program for creation of dynamic web pages and hooking to a database etc........ similar to asp or psp but it is all written as <cf> tags on original pages like html, processed and stripped from page as page is served to user..

Originally posted by Enslaver
Ha, CNC, you either love it or hate it.

And that Crappy Command and Conquer site may not be much to look at, but its errored to hell and got 12,000hits/day in its prime, so bleh.

I use Dreamweaver MX and Notepad normally.... With CuteFTP Pro 1.0.

Nah Enslaver, I like Command And Conquer games, but those sites were crap.

Originally posted by spikemic
coldfusion is macromedia's server-side program for creation of dynamic web pages and hooking to a database etc........ similar to asp or psp but it is all written as <cf> tags on original pages like html, processed and stripped from page as page is served to user..

Will I have an advantage of using Coldfusion to make my site?

its just another way to do dynamic info on pages.......... like asp but cf is a tag based approach (needs the server added to run)
because its tag based they consider it alittle easier to learn for non programmers than psp or asp..... its all what you want to do then decide what software will do it.

ZAnwar - coldfusion possibly would make things easier - but you have to make sure your webhost supports all the things you would do (linking to databases - asp/php etc) - afaik, tripod doesnt support that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back