Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I hope so, but not sure yet

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Definitely

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Wait to see how it functions in the "real world", then decide

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
This is interesting. The Wall Street Journal has a Q&A with Steve Jobs -- you have to be a subscriber to read it, but here's an interesting comment from Steve Jobs.

When we looked at 3G, the chipsets were not low-enough power for what we were looking for. They were not integrated enough, so they took up too much physical space. We cared a lot about battery life and we cared a lot about physical size. Down the road, I'm sure some of those tradeoffs will become more favorable towards 3G but as of now we think we made a pretty good doggone decision.

This is from USA Today:

USAToday: What about corporate e-mail? I understand that's an issue for many consumers, who may not be able to hook up to their company networks?
Mr. Jobs: You'll be hearing more about this in the coming weeks. We have some pilots going with companies with names you'll recognize. This won't be a big issue.

Yup, as I said earlier, 3G radios do drain those batteries quite a bit quicker. :)

As far as corporate mail goes, it's really only Exchange and BES. So when he says "pilots with companies with names you'll recognize," does he mean with both Microsoft and RIM? That would be very interesting.

I can't wait to see some unbiased reviews of this thing, it really does look nice from everything I have seen so far.

I need something unbiased towanting one, not that I need one - I already have a smartphone dammit.

And of course I will never install iTunes.

Whoever buys one of these are nutz. $599 for the phone, then $xxx for the 2yrs contract.

So we've burned through four pages discussing every little bit of this thing. Today is the day. Is anyone here definitely buying one within the next week?

Despite all the gripes we've had with it, there's no denying that it's a pretty sweet device. I'm not getting one (maybe next gen?), but I'll be making a trip to the Apple store to play with it once the dust has settled a bit. :)

Another video review from USA TODAY's Ed Baig & Jefferson Graham. Warning: It's pretty hokey to start out. I'm also not too impressed with his use of it -- why does he keep using his thumb? :laugh:

Dumbasses... They put their phones on 'loudspeaker' then you hear the guy with the flip phone closing the flip. lol :p

Yup, as I said earlier, 3G radios do drain those batteries quite a bit quicker. :)

As far as corporate mail goes, it's really only Exchange and BES. So when he says "pilots with companies with names you'll recognize," does he mean with both Microsoft and RIM? That would be very interesting.

An Microsoft employee let it slip that Apple is licensing ActiveSync for Exchange support, article was on c|Net. I don't doubt RIM and others are on the list as well!

An Microsoft employee let it slip that Apple is licensing ActiveSync for Exchange support, article was on c|Net. I don't doubt RIM and others are on the list as well!
Yeah, I had a link earlier in the thread to Mary Jo Foley's post on that.
If it's true Exchange ActiveSync support, with OTA push email, contacts, calendar and tasks synchronization, there's going to be a nice big smile on my face. :)

Yeah, I had a link earlier in the thread to Mary Jo Foley's post on that.
If it's true Exchange ActiveSync support, with OTA push email, contacts, calendar and tasks synchronization, there's going to be a nice big smile on my face. :)

*ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* We have a winner! Another iPhone customer :p

P.s. The iPhone already supports push e-mail, through Yahoo.

Will be hiliarious if the european one announced on monday has 3g :p

I have a new idea.... wait for it... wait... Will It Flush!

correct me if I'm wrong but if you deduct the cost of the ipod you get a pretty cheap phone?

@EP -- there are some links to unbiased reviews near the bottom of page 6 in this thread. Official reviews have come from the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Newsweek and others. Overall the consensus has been very positive. :)

So we've burned through four pages discussing every little bit of this thing. Today is the day. Is anyone here definitely buying one within the next week?

Despite all the gripes we've had with it, there's no denying that it's a pretty sweet device. I'm not getting one (maybe next gen?), but I'll be making a trip to the Apple store to play with it once the dust has settled a bit. :)

You WOULD play with it, wouldn't you :)

Honestly, it's not as bad as some made it out to be :)

I'll admit, I was having a good laugh about it, but it's not a bad device. I just hate over-hype :cool:

Anyways, is anyone else appalled at the sheer number of people who are attacking the cost of the product?

I remember when the Razr's came out, they were almost the same price, including their service plans. Who wants a multi-use phone w/o texting and other services? And a 29 buck service is essentially a 50-60 buck service including taxes.

I pay about 80 a month on my phone service inclusive of taxes.

Sazar: it is a nice phone.... i'll give it that. But who would want to buy a phone that costs a few hundred bucks.... that can't really be used in any way shape or form should you decide to cancel the service you have with it? goes from an 8GB PMP phone.... to a pretty paperweight, in seconds flat. Then there's the fact that the phone is an MP3 player.... but the phone can't play MP3's as ringtones.

The phone has a nice concept.... but just some of the things that make you go "wtf?" are the small little benefits they decided to leave out of the equation.

^ Again, the vast majority of people that are being targeted to buy this phone do not think so "logically" about it.

Then there's the fact that the phone is an MP3 player.... but the phone can't play MP3's as ringtones.

Just FYI, Steve Jobs has already hinted that iTunes tracks will work as ringtones in a future update.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back