HD Drive

Wow, how did I miss that on there page. I went to that page when I wrote my last comment, for some reason I thought you had to pay. Thanks a bunch!

*did notice it does not support mdf, mds files. That might be a problem in the future.

Wow, how did I miss that on there page. I went to that page when I wrote my last comment, for some reason I thought you had to pay. Thanks a bunch!

*did notice it does not support mdf, mds files. That might be a problem in the future.

When you mount the image in VCD it doesn't care about layer breaks and you can select the layer break with ImgBurn when you create the image.

If you want to keep the layer break exactly as it was on the original disc you always have the option of CloneCD but that is shareware. Personally, I like the CloneCD but that's an individual thing.

When you mount the image in VCD it doesn't care about layer breaks and you can select the layer break with ImgBurn when you create the image.

If you want to keep the layer break exactly as it was on the original disc you always have the option of CloneCD but that is shareware. Personally, I like the CloneCD but that's an individual thing.

I didn't understand a thing you said sorry. What exactly are layer breaks?

if you already have 120% keep using it.

No I don't have it, I had it a long long time ago. It's quite the large application if you ask me, i'd rather something free and small.

if you already have 120% keep using it.

120% also makes use of SPTD. If Bman is happy with it and it isn't causing issues then he can stick with it. :) I just bring up points that may be of value. They can be discarded when considered to not be relevant. :)

I just finally had my fill of using Daemon Tools and SPTD, itself. Now that Virtual CloneDrive has Vista x64 support I have no need to deal with the issues anymore.

I didn't understand a thing you said sorry. What exactly are layer breaks?

An .mds file is along the lines of a .cue file and contains information about the table of contents and disc structure from the original disc. It can be useful but I am only aware of Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120 really using .mds files.

When you have a disc that contains more than one layer such as a DVD9 disc like most commercially released DVDs the disc contains 2 layers. The layer break is the point at which the first layer ends and the next begins. If you've ever had a DVD stutter or freeze for a split second halfway through you likely just saw the player switching layers.

Edit: Sorry if some of what I say seems confusing. In many cases my brain is way ahead of what I'm writing and I end up writing confusing things. :eek:

That make sense, but was referring to those downloads you get (and I do get them once in awhile) that contain a .mdf and a .mds file. One you mount and the other contains the info, or something like that.

My point was that VCD doesn't support that, so might be a problem. I was not talking about files that I create.

That make sense, but was referring to those downloads you get (and I do get them once in awhile) that contain a .mdf and a .mds file. One you mount and the other contains the info, or something like that.

My point was that VCD doesn't support that, so might be a problem. I was not talking about files that I create.

Ah. Okay. Yes, with Daemon Tools you can click on an .mds file and it will mount the associated image file. Virtual CloneDrive does support more formats than just ISO, BIN, CCD. I just can't think of which ones. I'm not sure about the MDF format.

The only time I download images are in cases of when I grabbed the Windows XP SP3 update ISO or a Linux Distro and even still I always get ISO files so I haven't had any issues where I needed to worry about the .mds file.

If Daemon Tools is working for you and what you need to do and you have no issues then stick with it. I just prefer to use Virtual CloneDrive. :)

My PowerDVD remote arrived today. Sturdier than I expected. Not bad looking. It'll definitely make watching movies nicer.

Nice, how much did you end up paying for it, including shipping and all?

And I can't seem to mux my blu-ray correctly. How do I know which tracks to remove, or what not?

29.90 USD.

It was 19.95 USD and then over 7 USD shipping so I just bumped up the shipping speed since the difference was like 2-3 USD so I paid 10 USD shipping. I ordered it on the 31st and got it today via 3 Day UPS shipping. Three business day, of course.

And I can't seem to mux my blu-ray correctly. How do I know which tracks to remove, or what not?

It depends on the release. You want to keep the larger video resolution, of course, which is the full 1080 BluRay video. You can select the audio as you see fit.

If your goal is to make an ISO then you could just try ripping the mpls for the main movie and not touch anything. It will still result in a smaller rip. Or you can leave all the video and just deselect the unnecessary audio.

Some of this you are going to have to learn through trial and error. I'm still learning new things, myself. :)

This is what I got, confusing to me. Sorry. And I know I have to learn by trail and error, but I don't even know where to start. If you can help with this one, I am sure I can figure out the rest of them when that happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I got, confusing to me. Sorry. And I know I have to learn by trail and error, but I don't even know where to start. If you can help with this one, I am sure I can figure out the rest of them when that happens.

Keep the 1920: 1080p. That's full resolution. The 720: 480p is downsampled and not what you want. Deselect that. Now it's up to you if you want to keep the True HD English audio or the AC3 English audio or both. I keep all the Presentation Graphic Streams in my backups at this point.

So that 1 thing with 1920: 1080p is the only one I should leave there? So I am assuming that includes the sound and video in one thing, correct?

So that 1 thing with 1920: 1080p is the only one I should leave there? So I am assuming that includes the sound and video in one thing, correct?

No. That is just the video. You also have to select an audio stream which could be one of the other lines. Look where it breaks down things under the 'codec' heading. H.264 is video only. Then see the True HD and AC3 ones. You need to select video and audio. Just select 1920: 1080p and you'll end up with no audio. :p

I know I must be annoying, but.

So I have to leave

1 h.264
1 TRUE HD
1 AC3

and I should be good?

I know I must be annoying, but.

So I have to leave

1 h.264
1 TRUE HD
1 AC3

and I should be good?

I'd also leave the PGS streams. That one I'm not totally sure about. I'm still new to making movie-only backups.

Notice at the very bottom of the list is a final audio stream. That's DD+.

If I was making the backup for myself I'd keep the 1920: 1080p H.264, the AC3 English audio, and all the PGS streams. I suppose you could probably only keep the English PGS stream and be okay.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back