Great Free Programs

Hi, found my way over from Becky's.

I would like to add my thanks. Lot's of cool progs to install and explore.

Here are some more.

StuffIt Expander™ gives you access to virtually any file you download from the Internet or receive in your email. Double click, right click, or drag and drop file access.

Expander

For those who use proxomitron. A good set of web and header filters.

Config features:

Made with Proxomitron newbies in mind.
Almost every "web page" filter in the list has been modified in some way.
Includes a few original site specific filter set's. (deviantart, google & yahoo groups)

JD5000

Support for proxomitron and jd5000 here.

Computercops

Various downloads.

Downloads

Internet Sweeper
Product Description:

FREE and fully functional!
Erases unneeded files which take up hard disk space and slow down browsers after using the internet!
Closes those annoying javascript popup windows!!!
Can automatically run when computer boots, user logs in, or when browsers closed!
Works with Windows 95/98/NT/ME/2K/XP

Internet Sweeper

More downloads. A bunch of free apps, some already listed here. There is a program near the bottom of the page called google search that I like. Highlight text you would like to google in browser right click select google search and a new window opens with the results. Way cool!

SCooBY's

Really nice list of applications, everyone. I can't wait until the condenced version comes out--and I feel sorry for the admin/mod that has to do it too! :eek:

Keep'em coming, this is GREAT! :happy:

Browser Hijack Blaster

Browser Hijack Blaster protects your system from browser hijackers and spyware that alters your Internet Explorer settings.

Running silently in the background, Browser Hijack Blaster only springs into action when an attempt is made. It watches and protects the following items:
IE Homepage, IE Default Page, IE Search Page, BHOs

Go Here to download and read some more.

Its a great little programe that runs harmlessly in the background.

Alan

check this out

I cant believe its free :D

KraMixer is a free DJ mixer for live performances. It contains functions that allow you to beatmix tracks smoothly. Has manual/auto BPM counters, EQ controls, 8 sound effects, 5 channel Line-in sampler, variable frequency range (from +/-1% to +/-49%) an more.
Everything you need to get you mixing.

http://www.mp3machine.com/software/KraMixer/

:cool:

Hotfoon is a free PC-PC voice conversation software and its biggest advantage (at least to me) is that it works even if I am using a NAT to connect to the internet (i.e I am sharing an Internet connection through a LAN)
MSN and Yahoo messengers dont work for me for voice conversations, so I use hotfoon.

Get it at http://www.hotfoon.com

And by the way, dealer, this is one helluva thread you've got going.I just had to butt in :happy:

Originally posted by delta4s
Hotfoon is a free PC-PC voice conversation software ....[/url]

Visited the site . . looks like its no longer free . .

No , zalood, it is free for PC to PC conversations. You can also use it for PC-phone at a price, but I use it for PC-PC for free.for example, if your username is zalood and mine is delta4s, I type "zalood" in the box and press dial , and if you are signed in , you will hear a bell ringing on your PC and you have to click on "Accept" to accept the call. There is no need to pay anything unless you want to make PC-phone calls.

delta4s,
thanks for detailed response . . will surely try this service sometimes this week.

Ever heard of Freeware Arena ?

From LockerGnome
The Freeware Book is a monthly publication
that provides unbiased information spotlighting freeware Web
sites. The reviews are brief, and indicate whether or not there
are popups on the site, and also how often the site is updated.
The site makes it clear that it only accepts freeware and NOT
shareware or demos. The man behind the site says, "I do 'this'
because it is the type of person I am. I want to give back. I want
to make useful information/help and the great wealth of freeware
programs available to people." So give back to the man, check out
the site, and submit some free stuff that you like.

Hey I think I finally found one to post
Media JukeBox
www.musicex.com/mediajukebox

the basic version is free, and it plays just about everything including quicktime and real media

If this has been posted before please disregard:)

Has anybody tried SpyBot? I have noticed AdAware hasnt been updated for a bit this one found a bunch more spyware.

yes smokie

for the time being adaware is worthless...spybot is excellan

Just like to say a big thanx for all this useful info. Starting to use bits of it now as im new to all this.:)

Just wanted to tell the people that contributed to the freeware posts that they have accomplished something remarkable.I am new to the forum scene and have seen too many ego-trips and flame wars to count in just a year.So, it was a reminder to me that some sites do a much better job than others----keep up the good work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back