Great Free Programs

makes it much easier to see whats been posted already. Someday we can organize em by category ;)

An awesome site I get a lot of my freeware stuff from is

http://www.nonags.com/nonags/index.html

They sort them by category and provide ratings...and they're all free

hey guyzzz

thanx to leedogs post, I discovered my star downloader was out of date.

I have loved this program, and now it looks better still...if you haven't updated the utility, get it

http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/

JR Screen Ruler
Tool that allows you to accurately measure anything on your screen. Screen Ruler can display Pixels, Inches, Picas or Centimeters.

JR Directory Printer
Allows you to print a listing of every subdirectory and/or file contained within a directory and/or subdirectory.

What can I say?
Excellent post!!!!!!
There's so much free **** on here I don't think I can find any elsewhere to post. Its all here.

I'll have to look. Have to put some on here.

Share and share alike an all that.

Cheers people,

Well, this thread hasnt been updated in awhile, so I just thought I'd share with you guys a neat little app I've been playing around with lately.

If you've seen a Mac with OS X you may have noticed the dock at the bottom. This app will mimic that dock in XP.

YZ dock

It uses PNG's which you can create from reg icons using iconworkshop or find on the net. PM me if you're interested and want some png sites.

Heres what minel looks like so far:

mydesktop18.png

Posted by dealer
has this benn posted before?...crazy browser...combination of opera, and ie5

haven't tryed it yet, but lots of good reports...gonna try it now

I know this was posted a while back:)

Crazy Browser makes use of the Microsoft Internet Explorer engine to give you a feature filled interface with added features that you might find useful. Key to this browser shell is the tabbed interface which gives you all of your open windows organized using a tab system which can be maintained along the horizontal or vertical sides of the window. Using this system gives you only ONE open program in your taskbar while the use Internet Explorer will give you one for EACH open window. Working with multiple programs is much easier without the clutter showing on your taskbar!!

Just thought I'd give a little info on it.

:happy:

Alan

good stuff everybody.

you know, so much is covered on this thread, it'll be hard to add good programs to it.

I just came across this website

an excellant drive imaging program, if you can't afford ghost...nice.

also a regscrubb on this site...regscrubb is supposed to be one of the best...I haven't tried it yet

Someone was looking for a freeware to trace IP . .
Here is what I found:

IPLookup:
Specify an IP Number and IPLookup will retrieve all available information including the name and address of the ISP or the organization that owns the IP block.

http://www.toolsforselling.com/

I have searched through the forum but I haven't find any post linking to this wonderful search utility. The Dave QuickSearch Deskbar lies in the tasbar like this :

dqsd1.jpg

As it takes some place in the tasbar, it can replace the tray clock, and even features a calendar with holydays by right-clicking:

dqsd3.jpg

There are many configurable search engines included with a nice help (it's very easy to add one's own engines) :

dqsd2.jpg

You can download the last - stable - beta here...

Fu Xuen

that is a great post

welcome to this board...hope to see more of you...(bring signature...thanx)

hmmm I'm just trying it out, but so far it looks very promising...

Its called mailwasher and with the latest beta version its the first antispam app that I've found to work with hotmail as well as regular mail...

It will tell you what is possible/probably spam and then you can delete, blacklist, and my favorite feature, bounce it back to them :cool:

get it here...

mailwasher

did i mention the best part? its free :p

DCEnhance!

Here's an extremely useful piece of freeware for all you Digital Camera buffs out there.

I just returned from a holiday in Singapore 2 days ago, and had over 100 photos to sort through. Some were much darker than I expected, and others, while ok, did benefit from use of this software.

The program is called DCE - Digital Camera Enhancer, and it almost literally works miracles on shots that you may think are lost because they're too dark, too grainy, etc.

I'm even considering buying the full version, called DCE Auto Enhance ($35), for the extra features it has over the free version.

For now, you can get the free DCE here:

http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/enhancer.htm

Have fun! :D

Motherboard Monitor

This handy program reads temperature and fan RPM data collected by your system's BIOS, displays it in the Windows system tray, and alerts you when there's trouble. You can use this application to manage your resources and alarms by doing things like setting an alarm to go off, or having an email sent to another computer, when your motherboard starts to overheat. You could even have programs start and stop when your CPU reaches predetermined temperatures.
Download here Linkage

There use to be a webpage one of use on xperience (NTFS) made.

It had all the Great Free Programs on it to download!

Where did that go??

I've noticed that the compiled zip file didn't make its way during the migration. So here it is with theme make over of NTFS.org reflected.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back