[Finished] OSNN, Buzz Corps and HP Magic Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OSNN, BUZZ CORPS and HP MAGIC GIVEAWAY

are you crazy... fitz, ep opened the gates to the nut house and here they all are.... i agree with jewelzz.... i also have a headache... how is that possible haha :)

ep broke something!!! :p

yeah was just about to say something... perhaps is the aforementioned nuts, running wild....

you mean he let the boys out the barracks ?

X-istence said:
Hello sushrukh,

Since you are calling out our mods and admins for supposedly not liking you and deleting your content for supposed spamming, I wanted to provide you with the hard evidence you are asking for. Each and every thread that LordofLA removed has been removed because of either a straight copy and paste without source information, or straight copy and paste with source information. At osnn.net we attempt to provide discussion, improve peoples skills and abilities and we want original content. Copy and pasting two paragraphs from an article and then linking to it is not the way to do it. Hotlinking images to other web blogs is considered rude, but it is even worse when you do it and steal their content and don't even give them credit.

Man you guyz are strange.I can't copy paste my own article from somewhere else ?

You just proved that most of those artcles are mine.Match the username who have written those articles in those links you have provided & you will see that most of them were mineAnd which were not mine i've tried creditting the source.I do write for OCmodshop but that image of old HDD isn't mine because i did get that image in my inbox.

Now something to prove from my end.

1. RAID - A guide for dummies

Ask him (Scott) who Darren is & he will tell you that i write for him under this username.

I gave credit to the original author by linking to the original author.Nothing wrong have been done from my end.And you don't have really a point here.Sorry.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1381/96155171fz4.jpg
As usual you missed that it was my post.Match the username.

4.Some Quality FPS Games I've found on the Net-- Available 4 Free To Dwld

Again my post.

36670127yw5.jpg

5. Eco Speakers, built from Recycled Cardboard
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
Content has been copy and pasted directly from the originating website: http://wikigiz.com/2008/02/04/eco-sp...cled-cardboard . Not only that, but the IMAGES are hotlinked, and NO credit is given in that post to anyone. You can not claim to be Michelle Lee, considering the next item on the list.
I never said it's my news.I've received this in my inbox forwarded from madshrimps news.So, who should i give the credit to ? My yahoo email or Madshrimps ? you will need to ask the Madshrimps newsbot then if you want to know whose news is this.

6. 10MB Hard-Drive - Only $3398!

Again this picture has been forwarded to me by email & as there were more than 100+ people who were forwarding this, i didn't have any scope to know whose picture is this.I've never claimed this picture belongs to me.

Again my article.I did mention that i write for some mags & websites.

I gave credit to the original author.So, you don't have a point to prove here.Crediting the original author is legal & valid as long as i'm providing a link to the original source.

9. Websites offering International Shipping

You made me laugh man.You didn't even have the time to notice that i've written those articles ?

98071184ko1.jpg

Original content or not as long as i'm giving credit to the original source,it's valid & legit.

11. Create an Windows XP Live CD

Gave credit to the original author.So, it's valid because i didn't claim it's my news.

12. How to prevent CHKDSK from running every time your PC Starts

Gave the credit to the original author & that is valid.I also do moderate in a few places.So, i know what spamming is.
Anyways, you have just proved that most of those posts were mine because you know a picture is worth 1000 words & you could easily see my avatar in most of the places to know that i'm the same person.But don't worry,i'll not be participating & i also not be posting any new thread here.You linked to a couple of threads where you could easily see that i was the person who have written those.I wonder how could you not notice my avatar in some of those forums you linked to.
Just lemme know one thing, can't i post something here which i've shared already in somewhere else even if that is my own writing ? Is that you want to say that i can't write my own article/post in your forum if i've already posted it on somewhere else ? In that case you are the only one community/plaace in this whole world wide web who thinks that people is spamming because they are copy-pasting their own article.Thanks.

Anyways, i don't have the time & energy to argue with you "Big" daddys.It was my mistake that i thought i should share some of my articles with you (which i've done in other places & people did appreciate by making those threads sticky in their communities).

I was trying to participate for a children school who could use some of those products.I myself don't need anything.Why should a person will want a $6000 worth of computers when his life is on a risk & he may not live for many days ? Anyways, i just tried to support the cause by sharing some of my own writings which i've also posted in some other places.I've also given links where the news don't belong to me.In two cases, i couldn't give credit because those two & many of them which i've not posted came to me in my inbox forwarded from several people.So, i didn't know whose news are those.Anyways,thanks for not noticing that all of the articles which you linked to different sites belong to me because you can clearly see the message poster's name everywhere.I never thought that i will have to put so much effort just to prove that those articlea were mine.Actually the problem is you guys don't know me.So, it's very natural for you just to not believe someone whom you don't know.Anyways, lots of arguing already happend.I think, i've already proved what i had to but you aren't ready to listen & u are supplying some strange justifications by calling me spammer when you can clearly see that i'm the one who have written those articles.The pics above i think are enough to prove that.Anyways, why i'm arguing here ? I should stick to places where i do get atleast some respect for my work & people believe me.But you know,if you don't trust me or don't believe me, i can't make you believe that.And i'm not physically able to do any job/work for even 1 hour & it's already starting to hurt me that i've wasted so much time here by sharing some good posts & got tagged as spammer.If i wouldn't have entered for the good social cause, i wouldn't have wasted so much time just to prove myself.Please do not delete the above pictures so that new people here can get to know that using their own written articles/posts from other places is spamming. Thank you & i won't bore you or will disturb you.If you have decided not to believe me, i just can't do a damn thing about that.Have a good day & best of luck to your contestants.I will be trying somewhere else to make those kid's future better.Thanks.

just let it go mate :)

i like the artwork.... i repped you for that....

No problem but it is not at all fair to delete my own articles.Would you call it spamming if i use a post of mine on some place which i've posted on somewhere else ? As long as it's my creation, i should have the right to share it anywhere i like right ? This place is strange,utterly strange.Thanks & if you have noticed,i've already stopped posting threads because i don't want to participate somewhere where i have to prove that i'm not a spammer.Good luck in the contest. :)

i like the artwork.... i repped you for that....
You talking to me ? Wish i was good at art.Man i can't even draw a straight line properly.I told earlier,this place is unique.You give reps to spammers also ? :eek:

I've been here since the start of the contest and I've tried my best to contribute quality posts and topics in the OSNN community. For the people that don't like this contest, I can understand your frustration about this contest but please also look at the helpful posts other members have been making. If anyone has any complaints about my posts or feels I have spammed please let me know and I can edit my posts or even delete them. I'm obviously here for the contest but I also believe in helping out others and using etiquette/manners when posting.

There are only a few members who have been rude in this contest, and I know these people because they whined on all the other HP Magic Contests. It is unfortunate that they decided to participate in this forum as well. I hope to continue posting and helping out others.

No problem but it is not at all fair to delete my own articles.Would you call it spamming if i use a post of mine on some place which i've posted on somewhere else ? As long as it's my creation, i should have the right to share it anywhere i like right ? This place is strange,utterly strange.Thanks & if you have noticed,i've already stopped posting threads because i don't want to participate somewhere where i have to prove that i'm not a spammer.Good luck in the contest. :)

You talking to me ? Wish i was good at art.Man i can't even draw a straight line properly.

Haha yeah i was being sarcastic regarding the arrows and circles, just kidding with you though, wish you the best.

Yes, they are yours, and like I mentioned in my post had you read it, you would have noticed that they are straight copy and pastes and we don't appreciate that. There is nothing new. Now if someone had asked a question related to any of those articles you wrote and you had responded with one of those, it would be useful information.

Once again, it may be legal, and according to you valid, that does not mean it is not straight copy and pasting without providing any new content. It does not foster discussion. All it does is allow you to increase your post count by one.

Also, if you are going to copy and paste random content written as if you are personally saying those words, AND you hotlink to the website where the original article is from, WITHOUT providing credit that is considered plagiarism. I don't care HOW you got the information. Also, had you taken the time you would have noticed we have a special sub-forum where you can post news, thus those articles should have been posted there, and no in the Green Room.

As for telling us to contact different people to verify that the content that looks to be stolen is actually yours is the wrong way to approach this. You look guilty of blatant plagiarism. That is just the way the world works my man. I can't write a book, give it to someone else to publish under a different name, and then go around saying I wrote it without having the person who published it giving me credit for it. In the real world I will be known as a bumbling fool. And if I then take a chapter out of that book and publish it on a website it will quickly be pointed out that it was stolen from the book, at which point there is no way to say that I wrote it in the first place but gave it to someone else to publish. Just not how that works. My English professor would have failed you and written you up for plagiarism multiple times now and you would have been removed from school.

Do note that in the past when we have had members that copy and pasted paragraphs from articles on the web, and posted a link to the article we were asked to remove it since it was not considered fair use, you can't just copy and paste a few paragraphs and link to the original source and think it is all right. You have to provide a quote and some background information that is your own words. They way you had posted your posts it made it seem like you had written the paragraphs and were then linking to the real article.

Like mentioned before, several times now, we DO NOT appreciate copy and paste jobs. Unless the information is truly unique, interesting and fosters discussion all it does is add threads that provide no real value.

Haha yeah i was being sarcastic regarding the arrows and circles, just kidding with you though, wish you the best.
Thank yoou mate.good to see that there are also nice people here whom i can make a friendship with.Gigabot you must be doing great.So, you are having so much reps.Best of luck my friend . :)

and clean my fish tank (messy bastards)
Don't you just hate that job, my 3 fish just crap all over the bloody tank without a 2nd thought for poor me whos job it is to keep them clean. Ungrateful little sods :mad: :laugh:

Got a photo :D
Will post it in a bit, doing things to distract me from doing the things I am supposed to be doing.

Yes, they are yours, and like I mentioned in my post had you read it, you would have noticed that they are straight copy and pastes and we don't appreciate that. There is nothing new. Now if someone had asked a question related to any of those articles you wrote and you had responded with one of those, it would be useful information.

Once again, it may be legal, and according to you valid, that does not mean it is not straight copy and pasting without providing any new content. It does not foster discussion. All it does is allow you to increase your post count by one.

Also, if you are going to copy and paste random content written as if you are personally saying those words, AND you hotlink to the website where the original article is from, WITHOUT providing credit that is considered plagiarism. I don't care HOW you got the information. Also, had you taken the time you would have noticed we have a special sub-forum where you can post news, thus those articles should have been posted there, and no in the Green Room.

As for telling us to contact different people to verify that the content that looks to be stolen is actually yours is the wrong way to approach this. You look guilty of blatant plagiarism. That is just the way the world works my man. I can't write a book, give it to someone else to publish under a different name, and then go around saying I wrote it without having the person who published it giving me credit for it. In the real world I will be known as a bumbling fool. And if I then take a chapter out of that book and publish it on a website it will quickly be pointed out that it was stolen from the book, at which point there is no way to say that I wrote it in the first place but gave it to someone else to publish. Just not how that works. My English professor would have failed you and written you up for plagiarism multiple times now and you would have been removed from school.

Do note that in the past when we have had members that copy and pasted paragraphs from articles on the web, and posted a link to the article we were asked to remove it since it was not considered fair use, you can't just copy and paste a few paragraphs and link to the original source and think it is all right. You have to provide a quote and some background information that is your own words. They way you had posted your posts it made it seem like you had written the paragraphs and were then linking to the real article.
I won't argue.Your wish is my command.I'm not very physically well to continue this & also new members may not like these endless discussions & arguements & i don't wanna spoil the good feelings which new members are coming here with.So, here's an end of this from my part.Thank you sir. :)

my fish always die... i think its something to do with feeding them and cleaning the tank....

So like i mentioned before, several times now, we DO NOT appreciate copy and paste jobs. Unless the information is truly unique, interesting and fosters discussion all it does is add threads that provide no real value.

what this is mine i wrote it...

.... i know i'll get slapped for this... :nervous:

my fish always die... i think its something to do with feeding them and cleaning the tank....
My fish Peter, Paul and Mary are about 6 years old now, Peters starting to float slightly on his side now but apart from that he's fine :laugh:

haha, what kind of fish are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back