[Finished] OSNN, Buzz Corps and HP Magic Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OSNN, BUZZ CORPS and HP MAGIC GIVEAWAY

You can keep me out of your contest.My posts are getting deleted for nothing.You guyz don't know what a quality post is.My posts which were regarded as good posts are being removed here by a person called, "LordOfLA" & though i'm posting thoughtful & interesting posts,i'm constantly getting warnings from him of being removed.

This competition is completely got up & it has only been organizaed so that no new people can win even if they try to contribute here.I've tried to contribute here as much as i can & i'm a member of several other forums with respect & people know me in other places.You guyz don't know me but that doesn't mean that you can do anything you want with us.I'm going to withdraw my name from this contest as i've found this is the most worthless,disgusting,humiliating to new people who joins & tries to contribute in your community.

In my every post which hasn't written by me,i've provided a link to the source & still i'm getting the warnings from the same moderator that i'm spamming.

Let me say you, i don't give a damn about what you may think.I would rather stay in good communities where people are friendly ,supportive & don't try to use their power on new people who joins & tries to contribute in their community.

So, good bye.I would rather prefer to stay in a good place, not somewhere where people don't know how to behave with new people.Thank you.I'll certainly write about it to Mr.Nick white(buzzcorps.com).

Have a good day.Bye.

i understand how it works...

sorry, its just seems strange to me, thats all
someone with 900 power is clearly someone who has been around a lot, and wouldnt just rep the first post he sees
Yes with this type of system no new members can sign up and keep giving people rep without earning their power points. New members start out from 0.

i understand how it works...

sorry, its just seems strange to me, thats all
someone with 900 power is clearly someone who has been around a lot, and wouldnt just rep the first post he sees

Why cant he .... if the post is deserving it..... :)

With great power comes great responsibility

/facepalm

You can keep me out of your contest.My posts are getting deleted for nothing.You guyz don't know what a quality post is.My posts which were regarded as good posts are being removed here by a person called, "LordOfLA" & though i'm posting thoughtful & interesting posts,i'm constantly getting warnings from him of being removed.

This competition is completely got up & it has only been organizaed so that no new people can win even if they try to contribute here.I've tried to contribute here as much as i can & i'm a member of several other forums with respect & people know me in other places.You guyz don't know me but that doesn't mean that you can do anything you want with us.I'm going to withdraw my name from this contest as i've found this is the most worthless,disgusting,humiliating to new people who joins & tries to contribute in your community.

In my every post which hasn't written by me,i've provided a link to the source & still i'm getting the warnings from the same moderator that i'm spamming.

Let me say you, i don't give a damn about what you may think.I would rather stay in good communities where people are friendly ,supportive & don't try to use their power on new people who joins & tries to contribute in their community.

So, good bye.I would rather prefer to stay in a good place, not somewhere where people don't know how to behave with new people.Thank you.I'll certainly write about it to Mr.Nick white(buzzcorps.com).

Have a good day.Bye.

sushrukh, everyone is being given a fair chance. I'm new here and so are some other members and they've been receiving reputation. What you recently did was post a bunch of copy/paste articles which people don't like. You should just post normally as people do in forums rather than posting a bunch of articles because people won't like that in any community. You also have to remember that this is a contest and you're receiving all this for free anyway so there should be no reason to complain. This contest is being held fairly, everyone including new and old members have equal opportunity to win

Say what you like but there is something fishy going on here.If i was spamming, how did i get 487 reputations ? I don't want to argue.I've already put too much time ,effort & energy here to contribute but if you don't allow me to compete just because you don't know what is a good post & what is a bad post.Contests come & go.Self respect comes first.

oki.. then maybe reps should be public =]

Sushrukh, have you taken the time to read the Forum Guidelines that I suggested everyone read? They have a section on posting/copying from other forums
Competitive Forums
Do not post links to other forums (unless they explain and provide an answer to the specific question) Any links to a competitive forum are not welcomed (however, they are not strictly banned) and may be deleted unless they are an affiliate of OSNN.
So, while not strictly banned, it is generally discouraged to copy/post from other sites. In general, it is usually tolerated, but with the contest going on, it seems to have gone into overdrive with people copying posts from other places in a hope to gain more rep to win the contest. As a result, the moderators in general have been a little more strict when it comes to this behavior.

Doing this on one post that has interesting news and/or information is generally accepted or if the information directly applies to a problem that someone else is having. Copying half of another sites information and news and pasting it here in a new thread for everything is generally not accepted.

edit:
I've never seen forum like this where people don't give warnings to people for creating thoughtful & interesting posts.You guyz don't know what a quality post is.

Copying and pasting information from someone else is not thoughtful (at least, not your own thoughts). Interesting posts is a subjective matter. As for the "people don't give warnings" part, you already acknowledged that Lord has been giving you warnings
I'm constantly getting warnings from him of being removed.
So please get your stories straight or clarify your statement further.

I'm sorry you feel that way about the contest or the forum, but had you taken the time to read our general guidelines on acceptable behavior, you may have understood more of why the posts were deleted. Beyond that, I would mention again, that copying and pasting from another site may be ok once or twice - but spamming our forum with content that is not your own in an effort to win the contest is not acceptable.

This warning goes out to all the members trying to win.

--
Deleted some followup posts by some other users to clean this up a bit (sorry guys!)

Thank you fitz.I appreciate the way you have directed me to your guidelines.I'm new here & i was generally posting here like i do in other places & nobody had any problem ever.But i agree, you do have a separate guidelines for posting & i didn't know that.You tell me sir, how would you feel if you join somewhere & you get warnings of getting banned everytime & everything you do.He should have directed me to your guidelines firstso that i could know that this community has a different set of rules from other places.I didn't know that because he never mentioned about that.Anyways, thank you for the guidelines.I really didn't know that posting information from other sites is not allowed here even though i'm providing links or giving credit to the sources where applicable.Even people said me that i'm copy pasting articles (couldn'tn't give me a solid proof for that though) which was totally written by me & can't be found anywhere else on the net.Someone told me i'm copy pasting two lines from an XP book for my 1000+ lines of Vista article.You guyz are strange,unique & out of this world.

Prove me that atleast one of my articles,let's say "Codec- Headache" is copy-pasted from someone else's work.You just can't delete my posts based on you don't like me or what you may think about me.Prove me that this article is copy pasted (by showing a link to another site obviously) & if you can find a link where you can show me that i've copy pasted someone else's work,then ban me or if you can't find it,then bring my post back & give me credit.But i know, neither you can prove me that i've copy pasting other people's work ,nor you can put my post back.How can you find my own thing posted by other person anyways ? There's no transparency in what you are doing & you are completely using your power unfairly.So, what will you say this ? Is this fair ?

But it's ok.I may return here when the contest is over to proove that i'm not a spammer & i'm a member of atleast 20+ good communities and if u think that, i'm a spammer,i shouldn't compete in your contest because that will be unfair for those you think the honest contestants.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

So this is gonna go on till sometime on December 19th? Great...... could make a perfect birthday present surprise. lol :)

Hello sushrukh,

Since you are calling out our mods and admins for supposedly not liking you and deleting your content for supposed spamming, I wanted to provide you with the hard evidence you are asking for. Each and every thread that LordofLA removed has been removed because of either a straight copy and paste without source information, or straight copy and paste with source information. At osnn.net we attempt to provide discussion, improve peoples skills and abilities and we want original content. Copy and pasting two paragraphs from an article and then linking to it is not the way to do it. Hotlinking images to other web blogs is considered rude, but it is even worse when you do it and steal their content and don't even give them credit.

Here goes:

RAID - A guide for dummies
Are you frustrated by slow boot times of your OS or load times of your games? When you transfer or copy files does your computer tell you to just come back tomorrow? Ever since the PC was invited we’ve been cursed with the slowest component in a computer, the hard drive. Even though hard drives have become much bigger and faster, they are still very slow when compared to the other hardware in a computer. Eventually, the hard drive as we know it will have to completely change, but for now we have to live with what is readily available.
[...]

Word for word rip-off from: http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/hard_drives/raid_project1/index.asp. Are you named Scott per chance?

----

Enable the (Hidden) Administrator account on Vista
Many people familiar with prior versions of Windows are curious what happened to the built-in Administrator account that was always created by default. Does this account still exist, and how can you access it?
[...]

This article at least was credited, but you could not even write a short synopsis yourself? The two paragraphs were directly ripped from the article you link to.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...idden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

----

FireFox Addons

Have a useful add-on for firefox? or a great looking theme? Post it here !
[...]

Direct copy and paste from http://forums.notebooks.com/notebook-computer-basics/141-firefox-addons.html .

----

Some Quality FPS Games I've found on the Net-- Available 4 Free To Dwld
Just the title suggests,i've found some good quality free games available on the net & i thought it might be worth sharing.
[...]

Direct copy and paste of content available at http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/board/showthread.php?p=384756 .

----

Eco Speakers, built from Recycled Cardboard
These lightweight speakers, by Fashion Nation, are made of 100% recycled materials and they come in a variety of colors and shapes.
[...]

Content has been copy and pasted directly from the originating website: http://wikigiz.com/2008/02/04/eco-speakers-built-from-recycled-cardboard . Not only that, but the IMAGES are hotlinked, and NO credit is given in that post to anyone. You can not claim to be Michelle Lee, considering the next item on the list.

----

10MB Hard-Drive - Only $3398!

The hard-drive you’re waiting for, $3398 for 10MB Hard-Drive. I don’t know what year this Ad was placed but it’s interesting to share with you guyz.
[...]

Content was lifted from http://wikigiz.com/2008/01/13/10mb-hard-drive-only-3398-picture without credit, and you once again directly hotlink to an image on a 3rd party website. This time you would have to claim you are Michael Kwan.

----

[Article] Codec Headache

How many times have you tried to play a video file in Windows Media Player and got a message that informs you of a missing codec? Sometimes, even this doesn’t happen, and the file refuses to play, or just plays audio with no video, or vice-versa.
[...]

This entire article has been posted around the web many times, however the first time is when you post it on your own website. Once again a straight copy and paste job. http://www.dq.winsila.com/multimedia/what-are-codecs-and-why-you-need-them-2.html

----

11 Percent Of Gamers Own Unopened Games
According to figures from the NPD sales-tracking group, around 11 percent of gamers have games that they haven't opened after six months.
[...]

This is a straight rip from http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/10/29/11-percent-of-gamers-have-unopened-games/1 written by a Joe Martin. We like news as much as the next person, but at least write your own little synopsis and blurb. You copy and pasted the two paragraphs directly from that article.

----

Websites offering International Shipping
I've compiled a short list of some websites who provides shipping to anywhere in the world.I was searching for these kinda websites from quite some time & i've found some.These websites will come handy to all the people specially who don't live in USA & Canada.These websites also ship to US/Can
[...]

Once again you copy and pasted a post you wrote on a different forum http://www.driverheaven.net/retailer-discussion/155692-websites-offering-international-shipping.html

----

Moving Files from Windows to Mac
When you make the switch from a Windows box to a Mac, you are going to need to copy all of your data
[...]

Yet another straight copy and paste from the original article at http://www.pcmech.com/article/moving-files-from-windows-to-mac/ . Once again no original content.

----

Create an Windows XP Live CD
Windows XP is still dominates the market and most likely most of us will stick with XP for a while because Vista slows down your PC. Live CD is one methods to avoid lots of hassle. Well, one of the easiest ways create a Live CD is by using a software called pebuilder. Using it, you can create an XP Live CD in about 15 minutes!
[...]

Content has once again been copy and pasted from the originating website, once again you are also hotlinking an image directly to the 3rd party website. Are you also Peter Bigg? http://wikigiz.com/2008/02/03/create-an-windows-xp-live-cd#more-440

----

How to prevent CHKDSK from running every time your PC Starts
Sometimes you need to check the health of your hard drives by running a diagnostic on them, but you cannot fix any problems because "the system cannot get exclusive access to the drive". This problem occurs more frequently on the drive in which Windows is installed.
[...]

The two paragraphs that were in your thread were directly from the article that you link to. http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=874 .

----

We enjoy having new members that bring original content, but we cannot have people spamming old content, copy and pasting from other websites all in the hope of winning some contest. The actions taken by mods were taken to keep OSNN.net both clean, and a place to come to and discuss new ideas and not have it be the same regurgitated content that is already plastered all over the net.

Feel free to answer peoples questions, to become engaged in the community, but provide new and original content. New ideas, new topics of discussion, don't just copy and paste from other communities and websites.

Thank you,
Bert JW Regeer

"I have a headache"

Author: Jewelzz

yeah, thats what i meant, thanks X

I'll give the last few pages of this thread a good going over when I get a moment, but I am doing some work on the UCP Mini and want to rewrite a function (as well as deciding what I want it to do) and clean my fish tank (messy bastards)

We enjoy having new members that bring original content, but we cannot have people spamming old content, copy and pasting from other websites all in the hope of winning some contest. The actions taken by mods were taken to keep OSNN.net both clean, and a place to come to and discuss new ideas and not have it be the same regurgitated content that is already plastered all over the net.

Feel free to answer peoples questions, to become engaged in the community, but provide new and original content. New ideas, new topics of discussion, don't just copy and paste from other communities and websites.

Thank you,
Bert JW Regeer

All i got to say is...

...whose bloody idea was it to have this contest anyway, i feel like i'm going to be crushed by the onslaught of slavering postwhores and spammers....

HP and Buzz Corps invited me to check out the hardware and give it away, so I guess ultimately the competition was my idea :)

I don't mind the competition.. a little activity and posting never hurt anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back