Chiefsters yankee thread

Yankees control their own destiny for home field, just have to win 2 out of 3 this weekend :D

Winning now, just one more and we can relax :D

Hate to say it but the Red Sox are Toast. :( Bummer. What is really intriguing is the possibility of all four New York born teams possibly being in the playoff for the first time ever (Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, Giants). If the Giants make it that is. Hope they do would be fun.
Also appears that won't happen, sorry bucko

Last edited:
Re: yankees road to the world series or oblivon

yankees without johnson

almost happy he can't pitch

metz without pedro...am DEFINATLEY not happy about that, he can't pitch a big game and he can't pitch against the yankees

/gonna miss him

The way things are looking tonight, Houston will lose and St. Louis will win, which pretty much seals the fate for both teams (knocking Houston out), unless they both win and lose out respectively.

That's good and bad - good for the American League because atm Houston is the best team in the NL. Bad for baseball because the Astros are a fun team to watch.

Since the Mets lost Pedro, and in combination with other events, they are not nearly as good as they played earlier in the year. The Cardinals need to wake up, because they are playing like dung.

World Series is coming to the AL this year, no doubt in my mind. Twins/A's/Tigers are all going to be tough to beat.

Looks like the Yankees will have the best record in baseball too, not a bad season after all :cool:

the metz won without pedro and they don't need him, especially against the yankees

Time will tell Perris, I still think the title comes to the A.L.

I'd watch out for the Dodgers/Padres out of the NL

I don't mean the yankees aren't gonna beat the metz, I mean that if they do play each other the last thing the metz want to put on the mound is pedro, the yankees own pedro, he freezes or something

the way to beat pedro is hug the plate...he needs all of the plate to pitch and he gets pissed off if you take away the inside

you sit as close inside as you can get away with and let him throw at you...since he has to pitch inside, if you don't let him he tries to throw at you

the yankees make him do it, they don't get off the plate, so, he throws at them, they make a big stink like they didn't expect it, he gets warned, he can't pitch anymore

that's the big secret to beating pedro

me, I'm throwing the bat at anyone that comes near me with a baseball

I've done it too...got thrown at, the next pitch I guess my hand got sweaty or something from getting thrown at, cause I don't know, it just flew right out of my hand

we both got kicked out of the game, but next time he pitched I leaned into the plate, looked dead in the eye and he walked me on four pitches

pretty funny..iif you didn't know it, I get a kick out of little men thinking they're big cause they have a ball in their hand

mantle used to deliberately drag a bunt down the line and make the pitcher field the ball, put them on the floor

I like my method better

Last edited:

Time will tell Perris, I still think the title comes to the A.L.

I'd watch out for the Dodgers/Padres out of the NL

ROFL, did you really say padres?

:laugh:

Anyways.

GO SOX !!!

Yes I did, and I'll say it again - Padres :smoker:

We'll see what happens bucko ;)

Yankees gonna be 3-0 up in the world series... and lose :eek:

I hope so. I'm sick of the Yankees and I'm a New Yorker. Too bad Boston choked.

Not a true New Yorker though - aren't you from TX?

Re: yankees road to the world series or oblivion

Born (in 1979) and raised (26+ years now) in Central NY. So ha!

Traitor!

Game 1 for the Yankees/Tigers is tonight - let's get it on :D

GO SOX.

We all know the Yankees are gonna choke :D

Great Game 1 performance, Mr. November went 5-5 :cool:

pisses me off the metz are loosing their starters though

I was hoping for a subway series, that seems less and less likely

Behind Delgado the Mets are poised to win Game 1.

The mets have the Offensive Talent, if they can come together anything is possible.

Still shocked Oakland is 2-0 up on the Twins :eek:

Go Sox!

Freaking game got rained out last night, which means I can't watch it because I have to work :(

Thank god for real-time from ESPN.com though :cool: :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back