Chiefsters yankee thread

Re: yankees road to the playoffs or to oblivion

Unfortunately, you have no clue what you are talking about.

The Yanks are notorious for having "Bad Beats" like that over the last few years, and they always bounce back.

I predict a victory for tomorrow with arguably our best pitcher, Mike "Moose" Mussina on the mound.

No offense dude, but one game does not a demise begin.

19-6, v/s the st petersburg devil rays :eek:

That's crazy.

So what sport are we talking about again?

Baseball, you raging alcoholic :D

I'm not saying it's a shining moment, but a Win is a Win and a Loss is a Loss.

Ugly loss for that matter :eek:

They are not even gonna get a wildcard berth. You wait 'n see.

This is what happens when true believers drink the kool-aid, they can only see rose colored things.

I predict a victory for tomorrow with arguably our best pitcher, Mike "Moose" Mussina on the mound

Woo - I predicted a win :smoker:

They are not even gonna get a wildcard berth. You wait 'n see.

I agree that they might not, but it's not really by much of a fault of their own, more so because this is the most competitive the AL has been in recent memory. Sure, the AL West always stinks to an extent they are all level, except for the years that Oakland or Seattle ran away with it. Neither of which is happening so essentially all four of those teams have a shot at their division.

The Central you have the Twins, White Sox and Tigers, all with viable shots at their division, and at the Wild Card because of their records.

In the AL East, it is pretty much the Yanks/Sox in the same boat, Division/Wild Card with the Blue Jays slowly fading.

It's really going to come down to how teams play down the stretch. The Yankees picked up Abreu, and I'm REALLY hoping he returns to form because when he's on, he's damn ON! He's been in a bit of a funk since the All Star Break last year, but he definitely has 30/30 (HR/SB) potential with a 300+ average. Corey Lidle also has potential to help their bullpen, which could in turn slide Chacon back into the rotation until Pavano gets back.

This is what happens when true believers drink the kool-aid, they can only see rose colored things.

It tastes so good, I can't help myself :p

How's that saying go, "Money can't buy you luv". I guess it can't buy you first place either. :p

Time will tell.

If the Sox don't make a move today for something I think they are in trouble. Trot Nixon went down last night, that could be a big blow to them as Willy Mo Pena is not an adequate substitute.

I'm REALLY excited about the moves they made.

Abreu is a fantasy STUD (no sick jokes!) and he's just waiting to get motivated and play hard again. He has solid .300 Average, .470+ OBPS, 30/30/30 (HR/2Bl/SB) Potential, very exciting indeed.

Corey Lidle put himself in a tight spot. He said a few quotes about how his teamates in PHI didn't want to win everyday, and he said it was a 50/50 if the people behind him would give 100% when he was on the mound. He said something along the lines of how coming to NY will elevate his game and make him play on a higher level. Big words which I hope he can back up.

Craig Wilson is solid, and gives them a better 1B option over Andy Phillips and even doubles as an Outfielder and a 3rd string catcher.

I really hope they have what it takes to have a special run down the stretch, good times :D

I hope they fall flat on their face, gAy-Rod gets hurt, and the Big Hurl retires.

You would like if Gay-Rod got hurt, so you could stalk him in the Night Clubs

:smoker:

Yesterday was one heck of a marathon for the Sox/Yanks, game 3 of the 5 game series is only about 15 minutes away :D

Have some buds over, a few brews are on tap and am also ready for our Fantasy Football draft at 3 :eek:

Looking more and more everday like their road to the playoffs :smoker:

Straight ****ing the Red Sox so far this series. First time in team history the Sox have allowed 12+ runs in 3 straight games :eek:

The red sox will pwnage the yankees by getting a spider monkey to give them a reach around.

Watch, it will happen :smoker:

Woo what a weekend :D

I had the joy of being there yesterday for the 1PM game to watch the Boston Massacre come to a conclusion :smoker: :cool:

Go Yankees! :)

Discovered a place with $2.50 guiness pints on Sunday watching the moose battle dood from arizona... lovely.

Thank the stars for baseball I say.

Must have become interesting during the rain delay = heavier drinking :D

Moose twinged his groin muscle and is missing a start :(

I got there during the rain-delay. Got me a sandwich, watched my Red Sox buddy almost have a heart-attack when Jeter came to the plate in the 9th. He was already peeved that Ortiz wasn't replaced for a pinch-runner earlier.

Anyhoo, GREAT guiness/newcastle night, had about 5 pints, drove home after consoling my buddy.

Will be there again regularly once football season starts. I mean, it's $2.50 beer for crying out loud.

There is a place near my house that does all you can drink for 6 bucks for a two hour period on Fridays.

To cap it all off, they give you a 6 pack on the way out the door of their own home-brewed lager :)

Who would have thought a few months ago the Yankees would be where they are today? Currently sitting 11.5 Games up on the Sox, 2.5 games ahead of Detroit for Home Field in the American Leauge - which, may I remind you, has home field for the world series, and only 1.5 behind the Mets for best record in Baseball :D

Yankees could clinch the division this weekend when the hapless Red Sox come into the Bronx :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back