Canonical Ltd. is giving away free CDs of their Debian based desktop Linux

themafia_69 said:
10,5,5 ok now what does this do? lol is it linux?
Why would you order 20 CD's for something you have no idea of what it even is? Your taking advantage of these folks that are no doubt non-profit and trying to do some good by spreading Linux. Anyhoo you can find more info here and elsewhere on their site. </rant>

... sorry.

yeah i figured out what it was, well i ordered cuz i will always be able to use anything i can get my hands on, and they are free, now the people that are really taking advantage of things are the people ordering tons of cds, i get my hands on over 100 pcs in my neigbhorhood, and 3 macs at school and a couple of 64 bit cpus, so im not wasting anything, and i like to have a nice collection of cds

I should be getting a 64bit laptop in FEB, somet to try it on :D.

ummmmm. Reputation point :)

need to feel loved......... :D <runs>

Why not just download one ISO and then just burn the CD's you need? You would save them some $ since you don't really want it anyways and it only takes 1 CD if your using it in the same place. :p Also I doubt your going to want to change to this OS on all 100 of those PC's. Just seems a waste of charitable resources to me. Anyhoo I'll stop because I don't wanna be a flamer. :(

well I can't remember what I ordered but I think it was 3,3,2

the original poster deserved some rep points, and I gave some out...nice find

i got me 2 x86's and 1 ppc, will give it a try on the iBook at sometime probably. :D

How long does it take for the cds to come? Also since i order 510ish cds do u think they will come in segments or thru UPS or FedEx?

I am getting pissed...still havent got the cds yet!!!!

Yeah, someone does something generous for free, and when it takes some time because they must of received a few hundred thousand orders... I'd get really annoyed too.

By the way, that was raw sarcasm.

lol...i know. I just wanna get them but i guess i can wait.

If you need them that badly, then just download the ISO's.

download 510 iso's on dial-up yeah right :)

more than likely they will just send u one, least i hope.//////

TittleBitties said:
download 510 iso's on dial-up yeah right :)
That's what I did the first time I tried linux. 3x650mb downloaded on 56k. It only takes about 20-23 hours to download an iso on dial-up.

they wouldnt send one cause u can pick how many u want.

Also speedy somethings up with my phone line and also it connects badly when it rains too. So usally it connects at like 21,000bps but when it rains its like 10,000bps so yeah downloading one iso would take forever and i cant have the internet always on.

what is the point in ordering 500+ cd's....
if ppl carried on doing this, then the company wont do it again, so whats the point :|

or maybe its just something to do with yer forum title :p

Tittles doesn't one of your buddys have broadband?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back