Canonical Ltd. is giving away free CDs of their Debian based desktop Linux

tdinc said:
got all of mine today w00t!!!!!!!

thats all u ordered? I am still wondering what the 500 or so cds i had sent to my ex gf will come in. Maybe a big box from FedEx or UPS?

TittleBitties, that's really sad, pathetic and it's annoying to know you did that. It's a complete waste of time for the people who offered a genuinely kind service in order to promote their product and all you have done is abuse it. So stop trying to act like what you have done is clever.

i didnt...i am planning on giving them away at school. I told me teacher about it and he said bring them in when i get them. So dont think i am just doing it to be cool cause i think it would be a waste to order that much just for the hell of it.

they placed them in bubble protected envelopes, 15 in one, and 15 in another. I got two envelopes.

All the people i gave the CD's away to thanked me, some even came back to me and said they enjoyed the speed that it ran at, they were a little disappointed at the fact that it does not out of the box come with a compiler (They are all geeks though, FreeBSD servers and desktops mostly).

Yay got all of mine. The parcel just had buble rap that was it. Does anyone know were they came from, gee that was a loooong wait! Anyhow I'm typing this on the X86 Live cd :D. Runs very well, never used a Live CD before. Will take pics later.

Mine came today, just got in from work though, will check the package tomorrow :D

QUestion for all ya: I still haven't gotten my cd's but any idea if they support wireless nic's? I have to run a wireless nic here, and I've had alot of trouble with different flavors that I've tried.

dreamliner77 said:
QUestion for all ya: I still haven't gotten my cd's but any idea if they support wireless nic's? I have to run a wireless nic here, and I've had alot of trouble with different flavors that I've tried.
Do you know what chipset it uses?

I'll look it up in a bit.

edit:
This is what I could find:

DWL-520 revision E is a Prism3 based card without flash. It's supported by the CVS version of the HostAP driver for Linux. To make it work, the primary firmware should be loaded, then PDA (card's individual data) is read, primary firmware is patched by that data and loaded again, and finally the secondary firmware is loaded. After that it works just like other Prism based cards. Should be a good choice for those who don't mind writing a 3 line script and keeping the firmware on the hard drive.

http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/DlinkDwl520

15_cds.jpg

package_cds.jpg

I still am waiting for my other order. I dont think they will send the amount i ordered but o well. I was hoping to give them to my teacher and whoever else. I really like it tho but since i sold my other computer i dont really have any chance of really using it and i dont really want to use the live cd since i actually want to use it and all that.

Still waiting for mine.. i'm in Canada

Ordered 2x of each.. x86 AMD64 and ppc for home & work + friends

Well, I just got mine on Monday.

Nice packaging, I got a PIII533 machine downstairs that's itching to give this kernel a try.

Heeter

FishBoy said:
i ordered mine over 4weeks ago and still didn't come in
ep0niks said:
Still waiting for mine.. i'm in Canada

Ordered 2x of each.. x86 AMD64 and ppc for home & work + friends

I'm sure they're coming, these guys must of got hundreds of thousands of orders the way their order link was plastered over the internet. :)

SPeedY_B said:
I'm sure they're coming, these guys must of got hundreds of thousands of orders the way their order link was plastered over the internet. :)
Yeah with some people ordering 500+ cds for some ungodly reason.

Stupid isn't it. Ironically, I'm sat at my x86 machine installing ubuntu right now :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back