AMD 64-bit single-core processor club

Re: Athlon 64-bit processor club

I average 120fps in CSS with my rig !!!!!!!

Nice man. I love my 3200, but will probably upgrade sometime soon. At least to a Rev.E chip so I can overclock mine more. Right now I'm at 2.4ghz with my 3200. I've heard Rev.E's usually do about 2.7 - 2.8

I run everything stock now , but gotta love the 64's great rigs we have mine in sig plus the exact same setup with the 3000+ and a vanilla 6800 fanless for the kids.

Looks like I'll be joining you guys with a XP 3800 sometime soon :D

I will be joining soon as well, still on the fence as to which one to buy, tough call :)

Tough call to wait, I agree - as soon as you buy it, it either drops in price or something that was above it and unaffordable becomes...well, avaliable as soon as the FedEX guy knocks.

Whoever's using a MSI board with AMD64, could you please post your BIOS configuration settings (especially for memory & cpu).
I'm having trouble trying to get the DRAM idle timer lower than 256 clocks. Most of you guys are posting screen shots showing 16 cycles only.

Scott Young said:
Prepare yourselves!!!!!

Alas no pci-e, but who needs that when u get an average framerate of 90fps in hl2!!! i swear i have never droped below 45-50fps in any games... still its only a 3200+ im not gonna boost too much .....but its seriously rocks

hey how do you get the pictures of those to jpg? i cant find shyyyt anywhere to convert the screenies to jpg.

trainmaster77 said:
hey how do you get the pictures of those to jpg? i cant find shyyyt anywhere to convert the screenies to jpg.

Whenever I take a shot of something, which I have done a few times already this morning, I bring it into MS Paint to touch it up. Smallest program resource-wise, and does the trick in most cases. This also gives you the option to save as a .JPG

trainmaster77 said:

Irfan View is the best for playing with pics and stuff

I also use something called Instacropper, I find that is a life saver for the amount of thumbnails I have to use with our computer system. Dead simple to use. It is shareware though, not freeware.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Irfan View is the best for playing with pics and stuff

Yes, I second that application. Paint was just fresh in my mind because I had used it seconds before he posted that question.

Looks like I might be joining you guys soon, even though money is tight.

Lets just say that in addition to motherboard problems (which I have mentioned in another thread), my CPU fan is now dieing, and things are generally going.

So currently I'm looking at an upgrade to an Athlon 64 3500+ and a new mobo, with a new PSU (I checked my PSU only has 14a on the 12v rail) and the swiftec cooler for it.

Only thing is, being that money is tight, I'll be sticking with my current RAM (512 MB Corsair XMS 2400 CAS 2.0), which will slow things down a bit, and will have to get an AGP mobo as I just don't have the money to upgrade the gfx card.

But all said, I should be joining you guys in about a month, and even with the slow downs I'll no doubt see (from what I could potentially get), it should still be a lot faster.

Athlon 64 X2's are looking mighty attractive these days - ~350 for a 4200 and < <£300 for the 3800.

Add that to a 7800GT being ~£300 :)

Some nice rigs open themselves up :)

Yes the 64 X2 is starting to bother me LOLOL means I might need to switch out mine and drop it in my Kids machine pull their AMD 3000+ 64 and use that as my print server and upgrade myself.

Well, as I've mentioned previously, I've already joined you guys...

BTW, the CPU could clock 2 MHz faster on the HTT and still post; cycle through Prime 95 happily, even with some rather aggressive memory timings set in BIOS, etc... However I don't like running things at the margin so back it off some...

BTW, around the time I left, wasn't there an X2 thread that got started for some of you guys that seems to have disappeared in the server restore?

Attachments

• PROC.JPG
    PROC.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 116

Not sure but I am going to update my last post it bothered me so much I upgraded and the 3500+ is in the kids machine and I got the X2 , sold the 3000+ with 1 gig ram and a 6800 to a buddy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back