AMD 64-bit single-core processor club

kcnychief said:
With computers it's all about the bus speed :D

here in phoenix, the buses are all really really slow. but they have great AC in the summertime :)

^^^^^^^^^^ someone take that to the jokes and humour thread.....

bilmo - I just hope and pray you were entirely :p and ;) and not at all :crosseyed: - because if that was serious then well..... and don;t feel bad about getting a 64 now, you're probably getting a premium price for an OK CPU. It's not as if you NEED 64 bit processing power for anything much yet.

NEW GUY REPLY!!!

I'm running an AMD 64 3500 Winchester on an ePox nForce4 Ultra Board with 1 Gig and an NVidia 6600 GT 128. Currently planning to add another gig and am looking at uping the processor or vid card next, but right now it runs everything I need it to. I put this rig together last year and love it. Prior to this I was an Intel guy, but made the switch based on price and reviews (primarily in MaximumPC). Just thought I'd share.

Does the 3500 get the job done?
Im trying to advise my friend on a cpu hes looking at the 3700 but i was wondering if the 3500 is good enough for 40 bucks less.

RedlegTigger said:
NEW GUY REPLY!!!

I'm running an AMD 64 3500 Winchester on an ePox nForce4 Ultra Board with 1 Gig and an NVidia 6600 GT 128. Currently planning to add another gig and am looking at uping the processor or vid card next, but right now it runs everything I need it to. I put this rig together last year and love it. Prior to this I was an Intel guy, but made the switch based on price and reviews (primarily in MaximumPC). Just thought I'd share.
I was in a very similar boat, and the AMD 3500+ was also my first "conversion chip". I had almost exact specs to you at the time, and was very pleased. Now, I'll never go back to Intel :cool:

Vanquished said:
Does the 3500 get the job done?
Im trying to advise my friend on a cpu hes looking at the 3700 but i was wondering if the 3500 is good enough for 40 bucks less.

If it's only fourty bucks more for the 3700+ I would go that route. Plus a 1 MB L2 cache.

But I have seen some places that the dollar difference is only 25-30 dollars.

Hello,
You should post in the official welcome to osnn.net thread but i assume you have a 64 bit processor, welcome!

Had an AMD64 for a while now, only recently remembered I had an osnn forum account. =P Machine specs are in the sig.

Re: Athlon 64-bit processor club

I've just got an Athlon 64 3500+, sign me up! :nervous: I am SO chuffed with this little babe!

Wanna know something funny? I signed up for this club on July 10th 2005 and it's taken me until yesterday to actually install a 64 bit OS! That's over 2 1/2 years :)

Actually you know, having relegated it to 3GB of RAM, it's the smoothest OS I've ever had! It only took 30 mins to install and now runs very quickly. I wouldn't recommend installing 32 bit to anyone now that the drivers are up to scratch for x64, it's well worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back