AMD 64-bit single-core processor club

Re: Athlon 64-bit processor club

That's the one that always confused me. But I have always thought that it should be a much lower number than what is usually shown when ya go into manual settings mode.

If someone knows about this setting please post.

Read through all this:

http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=9

Very good read.

But here is the page from that link with the info on why I set as I did. I think I have it correct exsept that it's listed there as "clock cycles" and in the Memory settings it's listed as "clocks". That's why I am still unsure.

http://www.rojakpot.com/showFreeBOG.aspx?Lang=0&bogno=62

Last edited:

This is my current settings, I might try and squeeze a bit more out of the processor

Attachments

• cpu-z1.JPG
    cpu-z1.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 105
  • cpu-z2.bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 84
  • cpu-z3.bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 89

Too late to join the club?
<edit>Tried to upload and got this error:
PHP:
Warning: fopen(./attachments/1/0/4/4/8/5867.attach) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/class_dm_attachment.php on line 525

Warning: fopen(./attachments/1/0/4/4/8/5868.attach) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/class_dm_attachment.php on line 525

cpuz.gif

cpuz-mem.gif

Obviously no overclocking here. =)

Well id like to join the club... my 3500 venice core will be here shortly and i plan on overclocking it to around what gonnads has his at. (hopefully.)

PHP:
I thought of the Zalman CNPS7700-Cu Cooler. Yeah the huge beast. But way too heavy, and I don't care what they say about it not hurting the MoBo or anything else due to the weight of it. I don't trust it. Not the cooling mind you, just the way that thing would hang off the side of the CPU.

I guess i have been edgy about this as well. We will see. Originaly i wanted to get the sonic tower (passive cooling but you can add a 120 mm fan) but that weighs more than the zalman and sticks out more. I worry about the stress on the board and gravity doing its thing lol. Im just worried about installing the zalman lol so heavy on lil slip could mess up the cpu. But i think the cooling and low 34-38 decimal will make up for it.

EDIT: i guess the quoting has changed why does it switch colors lol.

quoted test
PHP:
code text

Works for me, i think you just hit the php button instead of the quote as it's right next to each other.

MFarley you need to look at your ram settings that should be at 200mhz along with the FSB it might be you dont have a matched pair or just a setting you over looked in the bios.

VenomXt said:
Well id like to join the club... my 3500 venice core will be here shortly and i plan on overclocking it to around what gonnads has his at. (hopefully.)

You should be able to get more out of it than that, I have my 3200 venice running at 2600 you should be able to get the 3500 to run at 3000 on air

It all depends on many variables. Ya better have good cooling.

i bought the zalman 7700 so it wilbe ok. But im not gona try to do crazy overclocking. Just some. hehe no sense in frying a new chip that at stock is fast as hell hehe.

Well I went and got a bit goofy today.

Am now pushin my 3500+ clawhammer to 2.75GHz

Now the only thing I need to find out is what is the max safe voltage I can put to this core. As you can see by my attached images it be a bit over the base voltage. I have looked around but I haven't found any values. If anyone finds any, could/would you please post them. Thanks.

Temps have also gone up, but they are still tolerable. So far system is staying stable. Will see when I play some Halo tomorrow. :D

Last edited:

The venice does run a fair bit cooler though, running my 3200 venice at 2600 my temp idles at about 32C, I think the highest ive noticed it was 41C that is just with the standard heatsink etc.

And to think my little proc runs at 800MHz most of the time.

:cool:

Kermit_The_Frog said:
MFarley you need to look at your ram settings that should be at 200mhz along with the FSB it might be you dont have a matched pair or just a setting you over looked in the bios.

I didn't see any strange settings in the bios, what exactly would I be looking for?

Its just that ram should be matched with FSB meaning RAM at 200mhz or 400ddr

mfarley, the BIOS settings for your RAM are off (incorrect). The frequency of your RAM is 158 MHz. It should be as close to 200 MHz as possible. Unless you have special RAM that was designed to be OCed then it could go over 200. It looks like the "Memory Clock Mode" is not set correctly. If you are not OCing anything then your Memory should run at the same speed as the HTT (front side bus). In your posted image the HTT is at 201.0 MHz, so your Memory's Memory Clock Mode if it's set to "manual" it should be 1:1. If it's set to "auto", most auto settings are very concervative (lame :p). Once you start to OC things the you have to change that setting to one of the other presets like 3:2 - 5:4... etc. This is of couse if your Memory settings are set to "manual" mode and not on "auto". You have to experiment or do the math so you get the frequency closest to 200 MHz, or a couple of MHz over without causing the system to not boot, freeze or not post at all.

Post a CPU-Z pic of the "SPD" tab info. This will tell us what the true timing of your RAM is (what the manufacturer's set timing is for this RAM).

Can you also post a picture of the Memory tab information please mfarley?

mfarley, Now I see why your Memory frequency is the way it is. It looks like you have two (2) different speeds of Memory.

Bsically when there is two (2) different speeds of RAM the system will run it at the slower RAM's speed.

O.K. could you post more pics of that SPD tab info? But as you can see there is a "Memory Slot Selection" box, so could you post a pic for each slot? From your previous post with the "Memory" tab info it looks like there is only 2 slots since you show 1024 MBytes of RAM.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back