62c too high for AMD Duron 1gig?

Originally posted by catch23
I love that fan on the top in back...that's smart...I'm going to cut that hole out though and put a chrome grill ;o)

Isn't that the PSU fan? It's gotta be... Where else is it gonna vent?

My daughter's "Me" box is similar but it's a mid size. Same pop out side door with handle and fan and provisions for front and rear fans. No front door though. The one pictured at that site is a server model, full tower.

If only it wasn't so heavy...I go to LAN parties close to every other weekend...do you know if they make a midsize or aluminum version?

cool thanx...im looking at the mid-size matrix tower now :D

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Intel's Prescott: 0.09 micron!
800MHz FSB
100 million transistors
Olympic-Sized Swimming Pool L2 Cache
Hyper-Threading Technology
32/64 Bit
3.0+ GHz (to start)
Yamhill Technology???

I'd be shaking in my boots!:eek: :D :D :D
Well...shaking? No..Clawhammer has the memory controller integrated on the die...meaning...little to no latency...no need for that 800 mhz FSB when it's running at 2ghz. (Correct me if I'm wrong there). Hyper threading is a server technology and may or may not speed up your computer. The L2 cache being big isn't necessarly good, it jacks up the price...Yamhill..hmm...x86-64 anyone? Wouldn't that be an AMD technology? And Clawhammer will be .09 micron SOI in 2003. Plus, why doesn't a 2.5 ghz P4 just absolutely blow away a 1.7(6?) ghz Athlon? Something doesn't add up here...just my two cents...and you may all give me a lashing if I'm wrong about stuff...

Grinder714
Yes, Intel does seem to be making the advancements right now.

There is a down side to this, and it comes in the form of
Burst Technology
This is the reason that I will not buy an Intel til it is removed or made optional. The last thing that I want is to spend a bomb on an Intel if its not going to run at full speed all the time. If I fork out for a processor I want to get every last drop of speed out of it that I paid for. I dont want it to decide that it only really needs to run at 200MHz to open Word or 500MHz to run Photoshop.

I want every drop of power as my money is precious and in short supply. Also the AMD cost less for full speed all the time.

Well, I give up.....leaving this thread R.I.P....Obviously you cant teach an old dog(s) new tricks. :rolleyes:

To add to gtgarside's post, IF Intel did remove Burst Technology, or make it optional, then guess what? They would run just as hot as a Duron, an Athlon, and an Athlon XP. Even then, I still wouldn't buy Intel, it's just not worth the money for even an OEM Intel processors...you realize I could get 2 of AMD's highest clocking processor RETAIL for what it would cost for 1 of Intel's highest OEM, and 3 AMD OEM's for 1 Intel OEM, and 5 AMD OEM's for 1 RETAIL Intel?

*bows* thanks deja...can you believe I'm an elementary ed major? haha (well, used to be electrical engineering...chance they have the same first letters eh?)

Quoted: "BTW, can I join the no P4 avatar club?"

Sure, go ahead! You'll just be another unoriginal "No P4 Avitar" clone (one of Catch's flocklings)...:D

A leader eh? Maybe this guy isn't as bad as I made him out to be!;) No..truely, I was joking. But you'll never see me switch processors (I'm stubborn).

I think snook was trying to butter you up to switch sides and join the p4 gang.

Actually the P4 does run hot, so hot it burns one of the biggest holes in your pockets possible. That only if you are lucky, if you arent it takes your pants as well.

Quote: "I think snook was trying to butter you up to switch sides and join the p4 gang."

We P4 folks have no reason to form or join gangs. We stand strong on our own two feet.:D

forgive gtgarside for his 'gang' comment, P4 people stand on their own two feet, without pants.

Quote: "A leader eh? Maybe this guy isn't as bad as I made him out to be! No..truely, I was joking.:

Who was it that said there is an element of truth in every "joke?":D :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back