XP Pro problem with Login/Domain

maximedia

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi!

I'm unable to login to my XP Pro laptop after changing the domain to a workgroup, trying to connect it to my desktop via LAN. Help!

Don't worry, I have the patience to read.

ANy help is greatly appreciated.

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
I don't think you will be able to login with your domain account after the workstation has been removed from the domain - there is no way your credentials can be verified. You'll have to log on using the local administrator account, create a new local user account and then copy the profile from your domain account onto your local account via system properties.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I don't think you will be able to login with your domain account after the workstation has been removed from the domain - there is no way your credentials can be verified. You'll have to log on using the local administrator account, create a new local user account and then copy the profile from your domain account onto your local account via system properties.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
That is correct - if your machine is removed from the domain you can't login with a domain account as there is no method to authenticate to the Domain Controller to verify your account credentials.

Lukas - are you trying to use a local or domain account, and what is the error message you get when trying to login?

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut