• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XP Pro And Word 2000 Compatability Issues

K

kassellc

Hi

Were running Word 2000 on Windows XP Professional and are currently having several notable problems. These include:

1. Word can take upto 60 seconds to save a document.
2. Word will lock up for upto 10 mins when opening a document. During this time Task Manager will say Word is not reponding. After the 10 mins Word will suddenly start responding and function properly!
3. When switching between another application to Word the screen will super-impose leaving an image of the old screen (ie Outlook) over the Word document.

All these problems relate to memory issues but as of yet we have been unable to resolve.

Has anybody solved these issues or having the same issues themselves?

Please help - this issue is driving me insane!

Cheers

Chris Kassell

I've seen these issues on a few of the workstations at my company...so far no fix has been found that I know of..I just consider it MS's gentle way of whispering "buy office XP" into our ears.

K

kassellc

Unfortunately i think you could be right although if a known issue Microsoft should address the issue as they claim the two are compatible!

K

kassellc

I have the latest service pack for Office 2000 and every critical update installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix