• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XP on ordered machine

C

Caligo

Let's say that I have a Dell laptop(P3 733, 128 RAM) with Win98 on it. If I buy a retail copy of XP Home, will I be able to format that HD and install the new OS without any problems? Thanks!

should be able to goto the Windows XP section of the microsoft site and somewhere there will be a button or link to the windows catalogue, go to it, and then click the hardware tab and go down the side bar till you find laptops, click it and then scroll down the resulting list to find if it is compatible.

Also check the Dell site it should also provide you with information about upgrading and drivers and software.

Read up on your hardware and get the drivers on a CD before hand I really recommend that.

not a problem, hope you find the right information that you need.
If you cant find if your PC is compatible, then check the hardware cause sometimes the hardware gets certifiyed before the PC

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar