• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XP Memory Tester

M

mikemacd

Can anyone recommend a memory tester for Windows XP? I've been getting alot of blue screen "STOP" messages referring to win32k.sys, usbport.sys w/ DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL etc. Could it be a bad memory module or IRQ settings maybe, let me know.

The best way to track down the bsod is with the stop code. What's the first set of numbers right after the word Stop:? The numbers in brackets () aren't that important.

Did you copy it down correctly? Stop codes are typically prefixed with a '0x??????.' I've tried prefixing the one you gave myself and haven't come up with anything.

M

mikemacd

Ok sorry 0x0000008e is the right one. I'm checking the Microsoft link you gave me now. Thx for the help.

M

mikemacd

Ok, Here's two more I found that were reported in Event Viewer. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 & 0x1000008e

I'd suggest getting the memory issue fixed before you troubleshoot too much further... I think the other problems may be attributed to it... not certain, but it's a good bet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi