• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XP Language question

S

scott4271

Just purchased a new machine in Germany. XP was preloaded and the user interface language is German. Can I change it to English without a reinstall? And can I change it to English for my profile alone? I am taking German language classes, but it's gonna be awhile before I read well enough to operate XP proficiently in Deutsch.

2z

OSNN Gamer
Hi scott4271

welcome to Xp-erience

you can find these options in your control panel

regional and language options

:cool:

yoyo

:) First welcome @ xp-erience. No you can not switch the language of an Windows installation. Not even with an reinstall. You'll need a totally new, I assume English, copy of XP or schneller Deutsch lernen.

S

scott4271

Hi folks..... thanks for the input. I thought that might be the case, YoYo, but was hoping beyond hope, ya know? As to Deutsch, Ich lerne as schneller as I can..... but ich habe a ways to go.
Thanks again...

S

scott4271

Hi folks..... thanks for the input. I thought that might be the case, YoYo, but was hoping beyond hope, ya know? As to Deutsch, Ich lerne as schneller as I can..... but ich habe a ways to go.
Thanks again...

yoyo

Scott, if you decide to stick with the German version for a while and don't understand some terms, send me a pm or email, I'll try to translate them for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies