Fixed Xp-erience.org, NTFS.org, osnn.net ..... then and now

Well the reason for the slow active in the forums is because folks have learned how to secure their systems better, that and it seems there are more repair options now. In my city alone there is at least three that I know of for sure, plus two that I believe do some.

Also like anything else their are cycles and it seems at the moment its a down cycle

Came to xp-erience.org (?) because I got a pirated copy of XP. :)

Was never a big poster, but yeah, the site has seen better days. Only geeks and old people remain. errr yeah. heh

I agree that things have slowed down a bit, but it's been up and down over the years and I'm sure it'll pick up again. That said, if you want my opinion as someone who has been around here since 2001/2, I would do the following:

1) Change the name. OSNN doesn't mean anything to 99% of people and it's hard to remember.
2) Make some more news posters and ask them to post news from a wider range of sources.
3) Make a statement about what the site is for. Is it based around all computers, operating systems and consoles? Or just computers? Or new technology overall?
4) Decide what the site's selling point is. Is it a tongue-in-cheek look at the latest news? Is it the widest range of news? Or is it very specific and in-depth?
5) Run a series of polls of readers to work out what people are looking for or would like to see, including new names.
6) Get some press releases out to other sites about the changes. Having worked as a press officer, I'm happy to draft any press releases for approval by EP or whomever.

I think OSNN is an awesome site and I want more people to xp-erience it (sorry!). I'm happy to help in any way.

EDIT: I actually have a potentially good name for the site but I don't want to post in here in public incase someone else sees it and buys it first. If we can get a private poll I'll post it there or in a PM.

Last edited:
of you PM me the name I can tag the domain name and transfer it to whoever whenever :)

Ray - believe it or not, most (if not all) of those items have been brought up in the mod/admin sections already.. now, whether any of them will happen is another matter.. :) :p

*runs away*

Yeah, I am always up for hearing cool names :)

The bad thing about changing names so far has always been a complete loss of the domain name for some reason or other but OSNN is completely under my control so I unless I do a runner :p

Starting from scratch was always hard but another name change would not be hard, but I won't do one just for the sake of doing one it has to be awesome.

I feel the same about redesigns as I have evolved this theme over several years and after looking at other examples of vbulletin skins I can't find one I am completely happy with from both a design and er design perspective.

I want to move further away from the default vbulletin look but I don't want something that is radically different code wise from the vbulletin look so I can make my own changes.

I do have the markings of a new news system in place but have been trying to find a good look for the site before making this change but still have nothing, I have even bought 3 or 4 themes thinking they could be something I would want to base our theme on but have always been unhappy with it.

I don't understand how several years ago I could spend a few hours working on a theme I was more than happy with but now I can spend weeks looking/coding and still not come up with anything I am happy with.

Perhaps I can lay down the guidelines for what I want and you guys can help me come up with something. I have been really liking the work of http://www.completevb.com/ (just seen their new royalflush actually) although I always find there are many aspects I would change (which is of course not a problem)

I'll hold off on demonstrating the new news system just yet, but its tested and needs a few tweaks but I really like the direction it will take the site and how easy it will be to put great content on our home page.

Ray - believe it or not, most (if not all) of those items have been brought up in the mod/admin sections already.. now, whether any of them will happen is another matter.. :) :p

*runs away*

Oh they do, I can't sleep for many reasons and thinking about the site is one of them! :)

Yeah, I did contact the completevb guys at some point, but I guess I need to more more certain of exactly what I want to go for.

as the penguin says in the blues brothers "no no, i will not take your filthy stolen money!!" :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back