News Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program

Major Nelson has updated his blog to announce that the Xbox Live Update Preview Program will be launching soon and you can sign up to try to grab a spot over on Windows Connect.

I am happy to announce that we’re doing an Xbox 360 System Update Preview program for our next release, and the opportunity to sign up is now available. Much like we did last year, you’ll need to visit the Microsoft Connect site from this link and sign in with your Windows LIVE ID that is connected to your Xbox LIVE Gamertag.

Once you do that, you need to fill out the "Xbox LIVE Update Preview Sign Up" survey in order to be considered for receiving the Preview System Update. We're asking a few questions about where you live, your home network, ISP connection and a few other pieces of information. We are looking for a good cross-section of our members in order to get the best feedback we can.

The Xbox team will then review all of the applications and if you’re selected we’ll send you an email notifying you of your acceptance in the program. A couple of points before you head off to register:

• We’re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good
  • This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available.
  • Just completing the survey does not automatically get you access to the Preview Program. We’ll be making final selections from the completed surveys and send you an email if you are selected.
  • While both Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up, Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.
If you are accepted, you'll hear from us in about a week. Make sure your information on Connect is updated so we can email you if you are accepted. Also, I’ll be sure to updated/edit if the program fills up.

The update won't quite be as large as the one last year, but does bring enchancements to watching movies, getting games on demand and customising your avatar. There are many other minor enchancements as well so it will be well worth having once it is available.

:source: News Source: Major Nelson

Last edited:
The preview has apparently started, but I haven't got in yet, could well be to do with the fact I haven't turned my Xbox on for months other than to see if I got in just now and previously to get the serial number for registration of the beta :p

N
Are there invites to get? Or do you have to sign up with that site.

I wanted to test it but didn't want another account.

When is it getting released?

Forgotten when its out, but I just filled out the survey, entered my account details, xbox serial number etc and then got the info.

N
Just did the stupid signup. Though I read they were giving it out till 31st. So I probably won't get in. Oh well lol

N
Awesome, I wish I got one but oh well.

I still wish Netflix was Canadian, or Zip.ca would hurry up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back