Xbox 2 Launch

TittleBitties said:
Funny how Microsoft is gonna have support for the Ipod on the 360 tho but maybe its just me :p.
The question is it in just the iPod, or just any digital audio player in general?

Not supporting the iPod would be not supporting the general majority of DAP's out there, and seeing as they do not retail their own (they do however support some) not supporting iPod would be their own loss really :)

NetRyder said:
The question is it in just the iPod, or just any digital audio player in general?

Yeah i was gonna mention that they should support other general popular digital audio players. Be a great way to save games on to it like mentioned and to transfer your favorite music instead of putting them on cd and all that.

The NFS:MW link points to Q4 again :)

I can't wait to play Quake 4, very Doom3 like, however I thoroughly enjoyed Doom3... \o/ :D

Damn, water cooled CPU HS solution. Now that's cool. *pun not included*

And you can customixe it any way ya want, faceplates and shiit. Yeah!

Could someone do me a favor and convert that ourcolony vid to something that'll play nice w/ VLC, perhaps a mpg or something? Why can't all codecs be media player independant? :/

Xie said:
Could someone do me a favor and convert that ourcolony vid to something that'll play nice w/ VLC, perhaps a mpg or something? Why can't all codecs be media player independant? :/

I've never had problems playing WMVs with VLC?

Okay I was just reading an article at TeamXbox about the 360. It clears a lot of things up!
  • Based on a mockup of the Xbox 360 box, they found that the 360 will come with the following items: Console, Hard Drive (20 GB and will be removable and upgradeable), Wireless Controller, Media Remote, Headset (Communicator), and Ethernet Cable.
  • There will only be one version available and it will come with the 20 GB Hard Drive.
  • The unit is approximately 11 ¼” tall (and 3” wide).
  • The 3 USB 2.0 ports can be used to connect additional controllers (possibly meaning you could have more than 4 controllers hooked up?), digital cameras, and MP3 players.
  • The USB camera will not be available at launch, but later in 2005 or early 2006.
  • The wireless controller will allow you to turn off your 360 without getting up. It will use two AA batteries.
  • The 360 will NOT have PVR/TiVo functionality, and will NOT come with WebTV.
  • Users can simply attach their portable MP3 players to the console via a USB connection and stream their playlists, on the fly, during gameplay. The best thing about this feature is that it doesn’t require any ripping or storing of tracks on the Xbox 360 hard drive, which can be left for more important things such as game info.
  • Users will also be able to make use of digital photos by simply connecting any USB supported digital camera to the Xbox 360 and downloading them to the hard drive. Users can create video slideshows of their images as well share them with other gamers over Xbox Live.
  • Communication plays a key role in the Xbox 360 experience and this means the console will fully support live video chat between multiple users thanks to a very cool Party Chat feature. During a chat, users can even trade and share music, video and audio during their conferences.

It's a sweet article. I didn't add everything from that article in that list and there will still some cool stuff to read about in it. They also have a very technical one that goes through the hardware.

Well I'm definitely getting one...I can't wait for more info about the games at e3 next week, and I bet there might be a couple more surprises ;) I just hope costs reasonable, ie around $300.

Last edited:
'Tis one sweet-ass machine. :cool:

Oh and there is speculation going on that it is going to cost $360. :p

Those are some sweet features. I just hope they don't price it that much. I'm gonna buy it anyways though. :lick:

Grandmaster said:
I've never had problems playing WMVs with VLC?
If your running Windows you wouldn't, but VLC can only play WMV v3 under Windows. :( Sadly most everything that is in WMV is formatted in the v3 these days.

Square Enix on Board with Microsoft?
Exciting possibilities for RPG fans.
by David Clayman and Douglass C. Perry

May 13, 2005 - Information recently surfaced on Microsoft's site pointing toward a potential alliance between Microsoft and Square Enix. An image on photobucket.com revealed a page from the E3 press site displaying a short biography of Corporate Vice President Peter Moore. The text of the article listed his accomplishments including recent deals made with Japanese developers to work on titles for Xbox 360. The most interesting tidbit of information comes from the middle of the page where it talks about a recent deal with Square Enix.

The full quote from the image reads: "Moore is responsible for establishing industry-shaking alliances including alliances with industry giant Square Enix and legendary developer Hironobu Sakaguchi (Mistwalker), Yoshiko Okamoto (Game Republic), and Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Q Entertainment), and bringing publishing powerhouse Electronic Arts Inc. onto the Xbox Live global video games online service."

What's this? An alliance between Square Enix and Microsoft? For years, cynics and critics have said, and rightly so, that in order to win Japanese gamers hearts, you must give them good Japanese games. With Sakaguchi, Okamoto, and Mizuguchi on board, many of those critics quieted down, as their concerns were met. Looking at Blue Dragon and Ninety-Nine Nights will do that to a man. But what about the biggest RPG maker in Japan, Square Enix? Shouldn't Microsoft go after them too? The bio on Microsoft's site, the text of which was quickly pulled from view within hours of being revealed, suggests Moore has finally secured a deal with the leading Japanese RPG maker in Japan, and that at this E3, even more will be revealed.

We contacted Square Enix about this information and their official response was "No comment." Microsoft also returned out inquiry with a "We do not comment on speculation and rumor."

If Microsoft has in fact added the company to its already impressive list of Japanese RPG developers, the future of 360 will be interesting indeed. Although as of now, the entire thing could be a not-so-elaborate hoax. Rest assured, we'll have more at E3.

Interesting...

Source: IGN Xbox 360

Xie said:
Nope ... not gonna happen. :p
Your own loss more than anything, Windows Media Player is the only thing which can play WMV3 on the Mac. There is the exception of one other tool, however it was something that cost money, so I disregarded it, and don't remember the name :)

Grandmaster said:
If they can get Final Fantasy on an Xbox = instant success in Japan.
..and with me, please god let it happen! :p :D

Halo 3 parrying PlayStation 3 launch

Time quotes Bill Gates saying Sony's next-gen console will "walk into" the Xbox 360 follow-up to the best-selling sci-fi shooter.

For months, the Web was rife with rumors that Microsoft would ship the sequel to Halo 2 for the Xbox 360 simultaneously with the launch of the PlayStation 3. Now, that has been confirmed--by none other than Bill Gates himself.

In next week's issue of Time Magazine--which features Gates holding the Xbox 360 on the cover--Gates mentioned plans for the release of the much-anticipated follow-up to the best-selling console shooter. In a parenthetical sidebar in the article, Time says the following:

"Note to the hard-core faithful: the next version of Halo will not, repeat not, be ready in time for the launch of Xbox 360. It will be part of the all-important second wave next spring. 'It's perfect,' Gates says, radiant with bloodlust. 'The day Sony launches [the new PlayStation], and they walk right into Halo 3.'"

While Microsoft reps were not available for comment as of press time, Gates' comments appear to confirm the theory that Microsoft will release Halo 3 either simultaneously or near the release of Sony's next-gen console. It also marks the first official confirmation that a third Halo is indeed in the works, and will be released for the Xbox 360.

Although such statements might be interpreted as grandstanding, such a maneuver definitely would have an impact. Halo 2 sold over 6.5 million copies to date, and is credited with doubling the subscriber base of Xbox Live from around 750,000 to over 1.5 million. It is also credited by industry-watchers as one of the main reasons for boosting sales of the original Xbox last holiday season.

Good move. This console war is going to very interesting indeed.

Source: Gamespot

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back