wireless networking question

mooo

thecyberninja
I hooked up a friend with a wireless network card last night, and i plugged it in and it worked fine. Today he says that it isn't working so i was wondering what might cause this or if there are any guides or checklist so the kid can check them so i don't have to drive 3hours to help him. I know little about wireless so anyhelp would be great.
(i just put in the linksys card in and windowsXP configured everything last night)

Thanks,
mooo

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
sometines there are software conflicts...use either windows wireless service or the card driver, but don't use both

also, turn both the router and the modem of and on

Tweakfiend

OSNN Senior Addict
mooo said:
I hooked up a friend with a wireless network card last night, and i plugged it in and it worked fine. Today he says that it isn't working so i was wondering what might cause this or if there are any guides or checklist so the kid can check them so i don't have to drive 3hours to help him. I know little about wireless so anyhelp would be great.
(i just put in the linksys card in and windowsXP configured everything last night)

Thanks,
mooo
Usually better on most setups to load the card software first then shut down fit card and reboot.
Even though MS has Wireless wizard itself, on SP2.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soperyzoity