• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WinXP + SP1 = No EAX HD in Jedi Knight II

G

GhenghisKhan

I just installed the SP1 for Windows XP and discovered that Jedi Knight II now locks up on me when starting a MP game (I'm assuming it'll behave the same for single player). I discovered that if I turn the EAX HD off in the sound options menu, I no longer experience the lock ups. And yes, I have an Audigy card that worked fine in Jedi Knight II before applying the SP1 patch with EAX HD enabled.

I looked on Sound Blasters web site for additional info, but nothing has been posted.

Just wondering if others with the Audigy card + SP1 + Jedi Knight II are experiencing the same problems and what you did to fix it (if anything). Thanks.

F

fedele

I get that even when I didn't instal SP1. I had to turn it off for Mp games and on for SP games. I think it is a poor written driver by Creative Labs....

P

PC-Dude

Originally posted by GhenghisKhan
I just installed the SP1 for Windows XP and discovered that Jedi Knight II now locks up on me when starting a MP game (I'm assuming it'll behave the same for single player). I discovered that if I turn the EAX HD off in the sound options menu, I no longer experience the lock ups. And yes, I have an Audigy card that worked fine in Jedi Knight II before applying the SP1 patch with EAX HD enabled.

I looked on Sound Blasters web site for additional info, but nothing has been posted.

Just wondering if others with the Audigy card + SP1 + Jedi Knight II are experiencing the same problems and what you did to fix it (if anything). Thanks.
Check this page on warp2search.net I believe it discusses this very topic.
http://www.warp2search.net/article.php?sid=6865&mode=thread&order=0

F

fedele

wow that majorly sucks!! 2 big corporate names failing in providing good software: creative soundblaster and LUCASARTS for heaven's sake!!!.... thanks for the post pcdude.

P

PC-Dude

Originally posted by fedele
wow that majorly sucks!! 2 big corporate names failing in providing good software: creative soundblaster and LUCASARTS for heaven's sake!!!.... thanks for the post pcdude.
No Problem :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies