WinXP Professional Power Schemes

A

A1CPittman

What the piss! As usual I get home from work and I turn my computer on and & everything is working right. Yea right, if my computer always ran the way I wanted it to, I would never be on it. Anyways, when I got home yesterday I noticed that all of my standard or default power schemes for windows are gone. So my question is, how in the piss do I restore them back b/c w/ out even one selected, you can't create more (unless there is an invisible add / create button that I just don't see next to the delete button that my computer magically hit several times to remove all of my default schemes while it was hibernated)?

B

beatlesdb

I guess you are talking about windows themes? if so any changes you make like background/ colour scheme and sound scheme can all be saved in the display properties window (right click on desktop/ properties) so nextime you have a problem - you can select your theme from the list - and bam! back to normal.

The only time I have had problems with themes is when I have not saved the changes and later on the day the computer has crashed.

Cya

C

chooch

You could recreate your profile, by creating a new account and transferring you data to it, or export one of the following reg key:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Control Panel\PowerCfg
or
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Control Panel\PowerCfg
or
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Control Panel\PowerCfg

modify the file to say HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg then import it by double clicking on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut