Windows XP Tablet Edition PW Reset

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Since I'm in a bind for time, I'm going to post here and then google, so forgive me if this is a simple fix.

Has anyone had experience in resetting a lost PW on XP Tablet? I tried my normal Tricks, as well as ERD 2002, 2003 and 2005. All of ERD versions said it worked OK within the Locksmith, but once the reboot occured, no dice.

Please help if possible.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
ZeroHour said:
Is it BIOS or windows?
If its BIOS you could be fecked as its a manufacturer job usually.
What type/model?
Windows, Gateway Tablet PC. Can't recall model number as I am having a student worker just re-install the OS. It's only a loaner Tablet and no data is important. I tried a bunch of things quickly and nothing worked. Stupid Tablet OS :)

Tried that, no dice

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
ZeroHour said:
Is it BIOS or windows?
If its BIOS you could be fecked as its a manufacturer job usually.
What type/model?
he said twice it is win XP tablet edition! :)
and if it was a bios password that is not a manufacturer job. Resetting a BIOS password is easy. I just did it today in work actually.

kcnychief said:
Can't recall model number as I am having a student worker just re-install the OS. :)
Yeh but that sounds like he needs the password for the bios to enable the CD-rom to boot of the CD so :p
hehe
and laptop/tablets are highley knickable so they cant be usually done with a jumper :p

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
ZeroHour said:
Yeh but that sounds like he needs the password for the bios to enable the CD-rom to boot of the CD so :p
hehe
and laptop/tablets are highley knickable so they cant be usually done with a jumper :p
I just went back and re-read my OP, and I wasn't clear on if i need it for Windows or not, and I apologize. However, since ERD was listed, it could be assumed I wasn't going to use that to reset my BIOS passwords :)

Regardless, thanks to all for the tips, and I'd be curious if anyone has ever done this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel