Windows XP Setup Problem

F

Flatliner

Ok heres the deal. I set up Windows XP Home on my system but later decided to go to the Pro version. So I popped in the Pro CD started the install, and everything was working fine. It got to the part where it says Installing Devices under Windows Install, when suddenly the computer just reset, I let it restart and comes back and starts all over again. I let it run again and it reset at the same place (about 3/4 of the way through installing devices) and now it starts trying to load up the installation again, but it just goes to a black screen with a mouse cursor that I can move, but theres nothing to click on. Is there anyway to cancel the setup? I've tried Booting from CD and cancelling that way but it still keeps trying to install. Any suggestions?

F

Flatliner

Yeah, it immedietly starts trying to install XP again, then goes to that black screen with the mouse cursor. But no, I can't get Windows to load because it just starts trying to install again.

This has happened to me when installing xp over an existing linux partition. I usually use the floppy that came with my hdd to reformat the drive and then begin the windows installation again. If youve got a floppy, set your bios to boot it, write zeros to the drive if necessary, and begin again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel