Windows XP Server/Client?

ming

OSNN Advanced
Hi people. :)

If any of you have noticed this while browsing through the Task Manager there's a tab called 'Users'.
What I want to ask is - How does one go about to get two or more users or 'clients' on one machine?

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
By going to Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts. Add users. Now, log one user on, and use User Switching to log on another user. User Switching is a feature that allows two users on one machine being logged on the same time, where one useraccount is put to sleep when the other is active and the other way around. A sort of Standby mode, I guess.

ming

OSNN Advanced
Is that all it is? :(

I was thinking more of something like a server/client terminal connection.

gwsmith

OSNN Newbie
You can use XP either as part of a peer to peer network or connect to a domain. With XP Home edition, you can have up to 5 clients on a peer to peer network, but you can't use XP Home edition to join a domain. With XP Pro, you can have 10 connections on a peer to peer network and you can join a Windows 2000 server or Windows 2003 Server domain.

You can set up user accounts on peer to peer networks and assign different users different permissions, share files and printers, and an internet connection.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
u can add another server as well, but when u talked about the User thing, then thats all it is!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks