Windows XP RIS Image

Un4gIvEn1

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have posted issues about RIS in the past and noone ever replies, but I am hoping that maybe SOMEONE might know. We use RIS (Windows 2000 Server) to deploy Windows 2K and Windows XP to our PCs. I have had very little trouble in the past, but the problem I am getting now is that the NIC drivers for the Dell GX260 are not supported in XP because it is a new Gigabit ethernet card. I have added the drivers to the correct directory ( \\RISSERVER\REMINST\SETUP\ENGLISH\IMAGES\WXP.SP1\$OEM$\DRIVERS\NIC ) and added the path to the OemPnpDriversPath. I have stopped and started the Boot Information Negotation Layer service and the pnf was created for the drivers. It is the correct driver because it has been installed on one of these PCs. No matter what I do I keep getting this...

The operating system image you selected does not contain the necessary drivers for your network adapter. Try selecting a different operating system image. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

The network card is an Intel 82540EM 10/100/1000. Does anyone know of a place to get additional drivers that may work for my needs? I have tried all of the drivers on Dell's website as well as Intel's website. I have spoken with Dell's Gold Technical support and they are clueless. "RIS? What is that?!" Thanks guys... and gals.

what about just putting the minimal XP drivers on the image before you riprep it? Here's the drivers from Intel's site

The problem with RISPREP is that every time you want to make a change you have to redo the image and you really need to have one image per hardware configuration. The way that I have the RIS server set up I can image any hardware configuration with one image and then through scripting I have accomplished every software installation that I need as well as all hotfixes. I have the scripts set up to where all I have to do to add a hotfix is drop it in a directory. It is an autodiscovery script I created that searches the directory and then runs each with the correct switches. Same with software. I mearly have to drop it into a directory, and a quick batch file with it's switches and it's added. To remove something all I have to do is delete the folder and it's batch file. It is so much easier this way and less of an administration overhead.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back