Windows Xp home Taskbar

W

wolfshade2002

In windows xp home When I click the customize in the taskbar menu of the taskbar and start menu properties it there any way to get rid of the past icons? some are there from when I first got my computer. Id just like to get rid of the past Items. Thanks..

zyfos

Resurrected
If it's old programs that you are wanting to get rid of, go to Add/Remove Programs and remove the programs you don't want and it should get rid of it's icon on the Start menu. If it's Recent Programs (left half of the Start Menu), you can right click em and do "Unpin from Start menu". If it's an app listed under Programs that no longer has anything to link to, right click it and do Delete. Hope that helps.

yoyo

To clear the Past Items list, perform the following steps:
Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values from the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process.
In Task Manager, click File, click New Task, type explorer, and then click OK.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haniew