• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

windows XP annoyances

D

dave_casserly

OK

1.when i put a cd in i cant access it from 'my computer', there are no file.....it doesnt autorun, it just looks blank. BUT..........if i start up the pc with it in the drive i can access it. BUT....if i then try and switch CD's i then cant access it again. WHY???

2.sometimes some of my startup programs dont launch. WHY????

thanks

I had this problem myself. I'm not sure exactly what the fix was because I did a few things. I flashed my bios to the most current revision, I installed the newest 4 in 1 drivers, and at one point I installed the mini-port drivers (the first time i tried the miniports it crashed me out and i had to use system restore - make a restore point if you need to go that far), and I have no idea if this helped at all, but i also updated the firmware in my burner and dvd roms. I'm running without the miniports now with no problems. I 'think' the thing that helped most was the 4 in 1's.

W

Waldo

Had the exact same problem with an early version of Nero and InCD that was not XP compatible. Uninstalled the software and installed a later version and it fixed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn