Windows Vista x64

thesims900

OSNN One Post Wonder
Why Won't Microsoft take 64 bit computing seriously?

Its very rare that you find a program that you need that's for the x64 edition of Vista.:mad:

I mean its not like its hard for a multi billion dollar corporation to make this
happen. So please Microsoft make the people happy.:nervous:

Also, are the rumors true that XP IS GETTING SCAPPED

so.. you're saying that Microsoft doesn't take 64bit computing seriosly after making Exchange 2007 64-bit only?

Quite a few of Microsoft's applications are x86 only. I think that's what the problem is.

But have you had problems with the program? I run Vista x64 and any 32-bit programs still run just fine. What issues have you experienced?

Why Won't Microsoft take 64 bit computing seriously?

Its very rare that you find a program that you need that's for the x64 edition of Vista.:mad:

So let me get this straight: you are mad because only a few programs have x64 versions? And that is Microsoft's fault because...?

x86 versions work just fine and it's not like x64 versions are so much better. Native x64 versions of course have advantages (no x86 emulation) but we're still a long way from all-around 64-bit software.

It's the software company's role to leap forward and embrace x64, not MS. Most software companies don't want to release x64 versions now because they think they are more trouble than they're worth, i.e., too much work in making/compiling them for little or no benefits.

We can all hope that that will change when MS releases Windows 7 which, IIRC, will be native 64-bit.

Also, are the rumors true that XP IS GETTING SCAPPED

Windows XP, like all things in life, has a life cycle. XP has lived for many years so it's only natural that MS will, sooner or later, stop selling it (more to increase Vista's sales than old age though ;)). Of course that will mean nothing to the end-user because altough it will no longer be on sale, it will still be supported for quite some time. The proof is SP3. So, don't worry. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
A good 90% of the programs I have encountered have installed and run fine on Windows Vista Ultimate 64.

all programs will run and work on vista x64 or xp64, they will run in the 32bit space which ms added to all 64bit OS'es they have to make sure all apps could still be used, if you look in task manager you will see it as appname.exe*32.

I have not ventured from any defragger besides what comes with the OS - why do you ask?

I have not ventured from any defragger besides what comes with the OS - why do you ask?

just that its the only piece of widely available software I have that works with Vista 32 but not with Vista 64 (Premium) although I have hardware ( gameport and USB Digital receiver) that does the same.

2007 was never really compatible with vista x64 2008 is

All the 3rd party defraggers use exactly the same API as the normal Windows defragger. Essentially you're paying money just for a different interface.

All the 3rd party defraggers use exactly the same API as the normal Windows defragger. Essentially you're paying money just for a different interface.

Uh, no disrespect, but Raxco Perfect Disk (what I use) and for that matter the full Diskeeper definitely defragment more completely than Windows' built-in one. Over the years, I have switched back and forth between Perfect Disk and Diskeeper because some versions of either didn't work as well as older versions, but for the past year or so I have stuck with Perfect Disk.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back