Windows .NET worth it?

G

Gouk

Will replacing Windows XP Pro with Windows .NET Server (Clean Install) be worth it? Should I consider doing it even though my PC is mainly for desktop purposes and not a 24/7 server.

Is Windows .NET more stable than the Pro version and faster? Does it handle gaming as good as the Pro version?

Let me know the differences between the two or any other versions of Windows .NET.

you got the answer within your question.
you use the comp for as a desktop environment, supposedly just for giggling around with games and cool themes.
If your computing needs stop at using the newest hardware, the highest screen resolution, online gaming and storing a gazillion terabytes of games and multimedia on your machines then forget about servers... remove also XP PRO and clean install XP Home Edition, that will do for you... and it should fit more your needs than the PRO version.

You don't compare a client with a server system upon speed and stability criteria. They have completely different features, usage and workload. But if you are addicted to getting the latest of everything then install Windows .NET Server 2003 Datacenter Server and see how it works, after all you seem to have a machine that meets .NET system requirements.

Anyway if you really want to know more about that, start here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...echnet/tcevents/itevents/winxppro/tnti-32.asp

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back