Windows Live Messenger Invitations Thread

i cant sign in anymore. its says error code 80004005 then it says messenger beta has encountered a problem and needs to close

Khayman said:
adverts have been there for ages in msn, display pictures can be seen by chosing the option "show details"

The advert pane has become obnoxiously larger in the contacts window and the advert was aligned to the left hand side so there was all this blank space which looked really bad. The advert pane on 7.5 is bareable.

Ill have a look again for the display picture option. Just the contacts look boring with a listen of green type blobs in a list :suprised:

pluto said:
Public to download maybe? but not public to use though. MSN accounts still need to be authorised to use the beta.

Try this :)

Main Thing: Direct Beta Signup

Windows Live Messenger Beta has been learning to ride a bike of sorts, too. It started off with something new. Sometimes things were a little shaky, so the messenger team kept a tight hold on it, to keep it from toppling. Our job is to help steer it in the right direction when it goes off course, and we keeping it from going too fast, which is why we only allowed invited people to sign-in. But now it’s proven it’s stability and we’re ready to let it go at its own pace.
Now, just about anyone can use the Windows Live Messenger Beta. No invitation, no waitlist. The page still looks the same, but you’ll get access to the beta immediately. The more the merrier – so spread the word!

Blog Windows Live messenger

I heard that too, but can't find no download link, only sign up link??

You have to sign up first, then you will be able to download it.

As long as you have a valid passport account, you won't have a problem. If you don't have one already, sign up and you'll be set :)

Visit http://ideas.live.com - under Windows Live Messenger Beta, click on Sign Up. When you get to the next page, sign in with your passport. After you do that, it will say congrats you are in, and give you a download link.

I just did it, takes about 10 seconds from start to finish.

I'd host the file myself, but I'm too lazy and not sure if that violates some type of NDA since they still want you to sign in with yoru passport account.

Yea I know, I already had the beta installed, I just thought the public beta looked different..

thanks

Nope - same software. Just a wider range of people are now available to use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back