Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 beta

NetRyder said:
Sorry, you agreed to be in the screenshot the last time I asked, so I figured you wouldn't mind again. :p

But yeah, it's definitely evolving for the better. I really wasn't a fan of the earlier UI (as you could tell from my long blog posts about it!). I didn't expect such a dramatic change in the UI from the previous build, to be honest. Guess all the feedback we submitted was worth it.

Now they just need to work on the fit-and-finish stuff, and focus on other features and bug-fixes.
I'm reasonably content with the UI as it is now. :)

Nah I was just kidding :p It is great to see that the devs listened to users.

You know, someone on Neowin made a good point about the new UI starting to fit in with Aero Glass on Vista.
If you turned all the silver/grey space into glass, this is what you'd get, which is pretty damn good looking. :)

messenger.jpg

dag nab it

I want it. I do enjoy the current beta. but I like the screens of this one...

I want the new build there. I signed for the beta stuff, but I never get picked ..

If you applied to Live you should have got into at least one Live app.
Been invited to London twice to see the Live team but missed both so far - will go next time ;D

Currently testing (messenger via invite) Windows Live Safety Center which isn't the most exciting one :p

The new beta wasn't very stable on my machine, so i went back to the normal beta

in the build before this, is there a way to get rid of that stupid side bar with links...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back