Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are having difficulties with your computer after installing Internet Explorer 7 then I recommend uninstalling it using Add/Remove Programs. Wait for Microsoft to release the RTM version and for McAfee to make the product compatible. You aren't the first person who has complained about issues with McAfee and IE7.

Hmm, still no issues here....

Do you have these "login to internet" issues when running another browser, like Firefox or Opera?

It isn't really a problem with logging on to the internet, but with the program itself. Mcafee is still running, but not doing anything. I can disable the privacy service and log on to the internet, but then my anti-virus and other programs are inneffective. I already uninstalled it, but would like to try it again. Don't know if their are any problems with firefox or opera. I have never tried either of their web browsers

A lot has changed with the introduction of IE7. Some security suites use addons for browsers. These addons are likely the cause of your issues. Until McAfee updates their software to work with IE7 you are out of luck.

I've read about others having similar issues in the IE7 Newsgroups.

MIX06 kicks off tomorrow. We should be getting a new IE7 build this week, if not tomorrow. :)

NetRyder said:
MIX06 kicks off tomorrow. We should be getting a new IE7 build this week, if not tomorrow. :)
I'd like to see what improvements they have made with the new build.

i would love a new build. I'm getting quite into IE7 but it crashes like a mofo

Khayman said:
i would love a new build. I'm getting quite into IE7 but it crashes like a mofo
Is there anything consistent you have noticed with the crashing? I have been using it FT for about 3 months now, never really had a serious issue...

well i mostly use it in conjection with live.com, so crashes a bunch there. also many other MS based sites/blogs. crashes all over. opening links, closing tabs. Bascialy it just crashes :)

Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview - released on March 20th

Evaluation of Internet Explorer 7 should start now, but the software should not be used on production systems in mission-critical environments. Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview - released on March 20th - will only run on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) systems, but will ultimately be available for Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, and Windows Server 2003.

* If you're running a version of the Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview, follow these uninstall steps prior to downloading the latest version:
  • Click your Start button, then go to Control Panel
  • Go to Add/Remove programs
  • Go to Change/Remove programs and make sure "Show updates" is checked in the upper-right side of the screen
  • Scroll down on the list and highlight "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview"
  • Click "Remove" to uninstall the previous version of Internet Explorer 7
  • Reboot your PC and return to this download page to begin downloading the Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview – released on March 20th
Download

Even with all these improvements, I don't think I can go back to IE yet.

They still need an equivalent to extensions so I can get a session saver, adblock, and greasemonkey.

Has the rendering been improved at all? I heard they were working on getting it upto par with Firefox and Opera.

I took a look at some previews and I have to ask something;

Say goodbye to bulky toolbars. Internet Explorer 7 has a new interface that shows more of each webpage you visit. The streamlined toolbar makes it easier to add websites to your Favorites, search the web, clear your history, and access the other tasks and tools you use most. See the new interface

this picture is a MUCH bulkier toolbar then my configuration

is the toolbar still configurable to one bar?

Grandmaster said:
Even with all these improvements, I don't think I can go back to IE yet.

They still need an equivalent to extensions so I can get a session saver, adblock, and greasemonkey.

Has the rendering been improved at all? I heard they were working on getting it upto par with Firefox and Opera.
there are addons you for IE

there has been much improvement in the rendering, fixed a lot of things. not everything, but a lot. should take a loook at the team blog, they have a lot of great info

perris said:
I took a look at some previews and I have to ask something;

this picture is a MUCH bulkier toolbar then my configuration

is the toolbar still configurable to one bar?
well no, tabs take one line an the address bar another, so its as it shows

I'm trying the new one out now, It has improved a little bit. But, I am still findind some things wrong with it.

Sweet deal, I'll have to through this in VMware when I get it up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back