• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows Home Server- Anybody Running This?

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all

Anybody running themselves Windows home server?

Got my box running this weekend, and seems to be running very happily, only really using it as a file server but currently very impressed

Not sure how much they are going to charge on this have heard around ~$200 hopefully they wont go back to just supplied systems only. Still my license lasts till April next year so got a while!

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
Hi all

Anybody running themselves Windows home server?

Got my box running this weekend, and seems to be running very happily, only really using it as a file server but currently very impressed

Not sure how much they are going to charge on this have heard around ~$200 hopefully they wont go back to just supplied systems only. Still my license lasts till April next year so got a while!
are you on the beta? Cause that's what I'm on and I haven't had any hardware to run it on...it's killing me, I'm loving this idea and want to run it so badly...

but when your in a dead end job with a dumb boss that loves to spend disgusting amounts of the company money on stupid crap that's where you are at.

vern

Dominus
Political User
How well does it integrate into a home network with media centers, extenders, xbox 360s? I think the idea from what I hear of it is great.

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
are you on the beta?
Yup I am on the beta program, and it was nice to see my key lasts 6 months!

How well does it integrate into a home network with media centers, extenders, xbox 360s? I think the idea from what I hear of it is great.
Not tried it with any yet, my mate has a 360 so when he next brings it over I will try it with that.

Hopefully I will be able to try out the media centre part soon though
http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=91721

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge